Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I judge moms with hand sanitizer

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 278 Replies
10 moms liked this

I dont judge moms on a lot, I figure to each their own and as long as you arent abusing your kid who cares.  But I secretly think moms who are all about no-germs and hand sanitizer are ignorant and paranoid. 

Dont get me wrong, hygiene is imporant and I dont let my kid pick gum off a table and eat it or anything but some of you all are crazy! I mean the kind who carry the sanitizer with them everywhere and are always using it, who dont let their kids touch bugs or play in the dirt, who get upset if at a playdate another kid has a cold. You know the ones, the ones who make you run through a list of things before you hold their kid. And its not just first time mom syndrome cause im a ftm too, to a toddler.

I think those sort of people are paranoid and ignorant. Germs are important and good! Getting exposed to germs builds up your immune system. Kids who play outside and get dittier are healthier than those who dont. Over sanitizing yourself (aka when its not even necessary) just makes your body dependent instead of building up your immune system. And dont give me the doctors office bs because they keep hand sanitizer because they spefically deal with sick people all day long with variety of illnesses. You folks need to chill. 

(posting anon cause you ladies are nuts)

[EDIT] IM NOT TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE WITH OCD, ANXIETY OR ANY OTHER MENTAL ILLNESS. **yes I know what ocd is and how it works and that ocd is not typically neat freak, this update was for you guys who keep crying that im making fun of people with disorders when thats not who im talking about.

lmao crying because the responses just prove how nuts some of you guys really are 

[EDIT TWO] hi, Im talking about healthy people who abuse and overuse hand sanitizer. Please learn to read, and read the whole post before flipping out. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this

I AM paranoid so you're spot on. I struggle with anxiety and fear when it comes to germs. I'm terrified of getting sick. It's stupid. .. it's illogical but i am. I'm working on it but it's not something you snap your fingers and get over.

You sound a bit ignorant about people who deal with anxiety though.

AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol, I carry hand sanitizer, but I'm no where near as bad as you describe.
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:02 PM
I thinks it's overkill too
LovesBooks07
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Even though I do carry hand sanitizer everywhere I agree. The reason I carry is because sometimes there is no soap in the restrooms or we are at an outdoor event where we have to use porta potties.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Places like schools and playgrounds are full of germs like those Dh's offices. Obviously those kids have to show the symptoms before they are brought to the dr. Many times kids are carrying a virus before they even do show symptoms.
Traci_Momof2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:03 PM
3 moms liked this

I can't stand hand sanitizer.  I do not own any at all.  In the house it's soap and water if hands need cleaning.  Out and about, same thing, and if there isn't soap and water available then it waits.  I don't wipe down shopping cart handles and if my child drops an M&M I tell them to pick it up and eat it.

Normal everyday germs and dirt are good.  That's what we have immune systems for.  That's what helps build up immune systems.  When I hear of a mom who goes through the hand sanitizer by the case load, I feel bad for the kid, roll my eyes at the mom, and then move on.

anb149
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

So you judge those who have OCD and have anxiety attacks? Good for you.eye rolling

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:05 PM
2 moms liked this
I carry hand sanitizer and a travel sized lysol...judge away.
Bieg9093
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:06 PM
3 moms liked this

I like handwashing.  Hand sanitizer makes me feel like I'm just making germ-free mud.

LovesBooks07
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

We do that too. So gross when people just walk right out without washing their hands.

Quoting deboramomof2: The only problem i have is public bathroom doors... i can't touch it because alot of women don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom now that makes me go crazy ..i use a paper towel to open the door

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)