Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for those who don't believe in abortion..

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:44 PM
  • 78 Replies
I don't believe in abortion for the most part. I don't believe a minor should be able to get one without a parents knowledge or consent. I don't believe that it should be used as birth control.

But what if the pregnancy could kill you?

What if you were raped?

Would you consider it then?
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
o.0
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:49 PM
I wouldnt get an abortion. It's never the child's fault, so why would I terminate it?
P3r50n
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:53 PM
I'd Risk my life again if it meant I could save my fetus/baby.

I'd still give my fetus/baby a chance to live even if the pregnancy was a result of a rape.

I would never consider it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:54 PM
I wouldn't consider abortion for anything.
LadyLogik
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:55 PM
So you're saying even if there was a 90% chance or higher of you not surviving and leaving the kids you already have behind without a mother you still wouldn't terminate?

You could live with a pregnancy conceived by a rape?

Quoting o.0: I wouldnt get an abortion. It's never the child's fault, so why would I terminate it?
o.0
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, that's what I'm saying.

Quoting LadyLogik: So you're saying even if there was a 90% chance or higher of you not surviving and leaving the kids you already have behind without a mother you still wouldn't terminate?

You could live with a pregnancy conceived by a rape?

Quoting o.0: I wouldnt get an abortion. It's never the child's fault, so why would I terminate it?
lalalamama
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I think alot of people avoid difficult ethical questions by chosing to believe that abortion is always wrong or conversly, that it should always be ok.
While I believe it should be made available, it makes me sad that it's become an option when contraception and "plan B" is so widely available. It's my belief that "inconvenience" is not a reason to terminate. We no longer live in a culture where a woman's entire future could be jeopordized by an out of wedlock pregnancy. Adoption is an option that's too often overlooked.
tattedmommy730
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:39 PM
5 moms liked this
I fully support a womans right to choose for whatever reason. I also think that minors should be able to get abortions without parental consent. In some cases telling a parent can be bad or even deadly.
NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Quoting tattedmommy730: I fully support a womans right to choose for whatever reason. I also think that minors should be able to get abortions without parental consent. In some cases telling a parent can be bad or even deadly.

lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I respect each woman's individual choice. I don't believe it is a matter that anyone else's opinion should weigh in on.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I would never have an abortion under any circumstances.

If it actually came down to a life-or-death situation, I would be okay with lifesaving procedures that resulted in the end of my pregnancy, so long as that was an unavoidable side effect and not the direct goal of the procedure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)