Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh my birthday is in two days.... and.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Once again, my half sister is throwing yet another surprise birthday party. I'm turning 33, it's not a surprise anymore. She made plans for me to go see a movie with mom, told me to dress nicely, and to be at her house by a certain time. Seriously woman? I know what you're doing, she's thrown surprise birthday parties every year for the last 8 years. It's not fun anymore. I just want to scream at her LEAVE ME ALONE. But I don't. Why? Because she's not all there mentally and to her, it feels like it's the first time she's done it. 

Sorry just needed to vent. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:59 PM
I'm sorry, just suck it up and smile. At least she loves you enough to go to the trouble of giving you a party.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:23 PM

you would think that's easy to do but I'd like to have my own plans for a change

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Enjoy the birthday party she has planned for you. 

young_lv_mom
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:35 PM
Next year talk to her about how you are going to do such and such for a month before your birthday, even if it's a lie. That way if she tells you "hey be at my house" you can say "remember I told you I had plans?" Other then that I have nothing for you but telling her no. Good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)