Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wisdom teeth + bleeding.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
What amount of bleeding is to be concerned about? When i first got out they put those little pads in my mouth for the bleeding. They told me to change it 45minutes later. The amount after the 45 minutes wasnt that bad but now since 12:00 ive changed them 3 times and all 3 times the pad was soaked. Is this normal bleeding or too much? Im not really in pain yet. My mouth still had the effect on it. I had all 4 removed.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Bump
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:58 PM

I changed mine every hour for like 6 hours after I had mine pulled. I bled so much I puked from swallowing it :(

But if you are worried, call your dentist. You don't want to risk dry socket. My roommate had that and it was bad news.

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Are you putting pressure on the pads? The idea is for clots to form in the sockets so that you do stop bleeding. I think bleeding is normal for part of the day, but if you are having questions, call your dentist's office or the surgical office that you had the extractions done. They will have all the answers you need. 

young_lv_mom
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:05 PM
They should have given you a paper with things to look out for. I ended up needing to put a tea bag in my mouth to stop the bleeding with one of mine. Worse case call them and ask, they will help you out.
DisabledVet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:07 PM

It's too much. Try putting a teabag on them. That should stop the bleeding.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)