• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do your kids write?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Assuming from that other post with the creepy note, I think quite horribly. My 7 year old writes like that and she does round out her y's and g's. I do it, I taught her so she obviously does it too. My 10 year old also wrote like that at that age. Right now, she can easily write as good as me.

Don't get me wrong, that note is worrisome but so many some are focusing on this kid's "excellent" penmanship. It's pretty average.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:21 PM
Bump
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:22 PM

My son's writing is not that good. He's 6.

My daughter is 4 and pretty good. She loves to write though. My son hates it lol

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Mobile Photo

This is how my dd that will be 9 tomorrow writes. My youngest is 6 and her handwriting is definitely a work in progress.
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:24 PM
My 7 year old writes better than my 10 year old who has dyspraxia.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:25 PM
That could be a factor too. Also, I think I read somewhere that girls tend to have better penmanship that boys. I don't know if that's any true but both my girls started and loved to write at around age 5.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

My son's writing is not that good. He's 6.

My daughter is 4 and pretty good. She loves to write though. My son hates it lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:26 PM
That's pretty! Does she like cursive better than block?

Quoting mcginnisc:

Mobile Photo

This is how my dd that will be 9 tomorrow writes. My youngest is 6 and her handwriting is definitely a work in progress.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's pretty! Does she like cursive better than block?
Quoting mcginnisc:

Mobile Photo

Neither of my kids use block writing..which is why my 6 year old's is a work in progress. LOL 

Lilly loves to write in cursive..she hasn't written in block letters since she was in Kindergarten and is in 3rd grade now. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:29 PM
I noticed the whole style changed after the 5-6th line as well as the writing technique. I think the DD started writing and mom finished it honestly IMO
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:32 PM

No 7yr old I know can print that good.  1st thing I thought too was an adult wrote it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:34 PM
That's interesting. Both my girls only write in block. Cursive wasn't taught until the 4th grade and oldest DD didn't care too much for it. I don't write much in cursive either so I'm no help lol.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's pretty! Does she like cursive better than block?

Quoting mcginnisc:

Mobile Photo

Neither of my kids use block writing..which is why my 6 year old's is a work in progress. LOL 

Lilly loves to write in cursive..she hasn't written in block letters since she was in Kindergarten and is in 3rd grade now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)