• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD??

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:19 PM
  • 6 Replies

My "best friend" of 14 years is getting married soon & I am at a loss for what to get her. My husband & I got married 6 months ago she constantly asked me what we wanted for our wedding & I told her since we were paying for 90% of our wedding ourselves I would prefer money. She ended up giving us an 8x10 picture frame & a fruit infused pitcher.

Two weeks ago we go out to eat & she says the rudest question she is been getting asked is what she wants for her wedding, (yet she asked me on a weekly basis) & her response was "obviously we want money, we're trying to have another baby & John wants to get a truck" - her parents are paying for EVERYTHING so obviously anything she gets she can run with.

What would you give as a gift? I'm totally not an asshole but after her response/attitude I'm wondering what others would do in my situation!

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
J.M.O.
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd get her a picture frame & a punch bowl :)
fiiasco
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting J.M.O.: I'd get her a picture frame & a punch bowl :)

LOL, I literally just asked my mom this & she goes a picture frame & a pitcher I said well she's having fancy evening attire & my mom says to just make sure it's an "upscale" one ;)

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Who in the heck says "Gimme money?" That's so rude.
fiiasco
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Quoting Danesmommy1: Who in the heck says "Gimme money?" That's so rude.

I can't believe half of what has come out of her mouth from the time she got engaged leading up to the wedding... lol

Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd buy the same exact things she got you. And write on the card now we can be twinsies.lol
MrowPhoto
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd rewrap the gifts she gave me lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)