Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas and birthdays

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I know its still early! But whatever, I'm excited!

So far I don't have anything but clothes for my 8 year old. He wants the new skylanders game for the Wii u. Ugh. But I did snag him a pair of 7 jeans for 20 bucks!!!

My 5 year old has a monster high movie, a stack of clothes, an Ana and an Elsa dress

She's asking for an American girl doll.

My baby who will be 1 December 4th :( has a few outfits, a lion king clicky toy, a Stephen Joseph back pack and his baby brother will have a matching one :)

I think I'm going to get the big kids new bikes and helmets the 1 year old will get something he can push/scoot around

But all of my kids have birthdays coming up. The baby before Christmas the other two in February and march and the new baby is due February.

So help me here, what the hell do I get for Christmas that I can follow up with for birthdays? And what do you get a 1 year old for their first birthday?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
djamommyoftwo
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:48 PM
I have the same delima, all my kids birthdays are either right before or right after Christmas.
ms_amanda
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:53 PM
I'm in a similar boat w birthdays and Christmas! Our twins bday is November 15th, then my dh's bday dec 4th , followed by my oldests bday is dec 28th. Out youngest 2nd bday is jan 8th. My sd bday is next on feb 5th. We get a bday free month, then my dd's is April 2nd. We have 1 out of 7 kids bdays in summer; right before school starts! Makes for a fairly expensive few months! Lol
As for presents, the kids are typically happy w a $30 toy on bdays. I LOVE giving them fun parties to celebrate, and scale back on my gifts to them. They all agree this is the best way to do it!
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:56 PM

I got DS puzzles for his first b-day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:42 PM
I'm thinking since the older two will get the skylanders game and an american girl doll for Christmas, I can buy little add ons for their birthdays.
Like more people for the game and clothes for the doll.

Its always such a struggle to get them things they want and will actually play with. Ds loves video games so he's not super hard however a single game can run 60 bucks and with skylanders you have to buy extra people to unlock the rest of the game.
My daughter idk, she plays with whatever but she never takes care of anything. My mom bought her a lalaloopsy doll last Christmas and it was like 30-40 dollars, the week after Christmas she had bit a chunk of her hair off. (Its foam hair)

The baby is pretty easy. Vehicles. Any vehicle he wants. And anything that plays music and lights up. So he might end up with a few cars a dump truck and a dozen light up balls from.dollar tree lol

Quoting ms_amanda: I'm in a similar boat w birthdays and Christmas! Our twins bday is November 15th, then my dh's bday dec 4th , followed by my oldests bday is dec 28th. Out youngest 2nd bday is jan 8th. My sd bday is next on feb 5th. We get a bday free month, then my dd's is April 2nd. We have 1 out of 7 kids bdays in summer; right before school starts! Makes for a fairly expensive few months! Lol
As for presents, the kids are typically happy w a $30 toy on bdays. I LOVE giving them fun parties to celebrate, and scale back on my gifts to them. They all agree this is the best way to do it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)