Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't feel sorry for this person.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
There is a girl I went to high school with. She was beautiful and smart. She had it all. Married a guy she met in college. She got married after they finished school. They had four children. One died when he was four days old. This was 12 years ago. She has been using and abusing drugs since.

She isn't allowed unsupervised visits with her kids. She cries about it all the time. She won't go to rehab. She won't go to anger management. She won't get therapy. She won't take the parenting classes. She has a 15, 13, and 9 year old. Her ex keeps doing his best. The kids don't even want to see her anymore. I feel bad for te kids. But she refuses all help.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:27 PM
She needs to get help but unfortunately you can't force an adult into rehab. If her ex and her kids aren't motivation enough, I don't know what would be. I think she's sad but I don't rally feel sorry for her...I feel sorry for her kids and ex.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:28 PM
I feel sorry for her kids.
Mrs_Snail
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:29 PM
If she were the ugliest girl from high school who had nothing, wwould you feel sorry for her?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Some get addicted for far more trivial reasons...... Should compassion be reserved for those who meet our standards?
sunsetchick34
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:31 PM
What a shame, poor kids. And guess she will forever be the victim.
myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:31 PM
2 moms liked this
I feel sorry for her. She lost a baby. Some people just can't handle that. Not saying it's right or ok, but I can sympathize.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Nope. She put herself in that spot. If she cared enough, she would get help. I feel sorry for the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:34 PM
I can sympthize with losing a baby. I get feeling helpless and depressed. But she refuses to admit there is a problem and thinks everyone is against her. No one understands. All that.

Quoting myempyreofdirt: I feel sorry for her. She lost a baby. Some people just can't handle that. Not saying it's right or ok, but I can sympathize.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:35 PM

As a therapist who works at an inpatient rehab center, it is SCARY to give up your "coping" methods and face reality.  In her mind, if she stops using substances, everything that has happened (and is happening) becomes very real.  It is like being in a coma, waking up, and realizing that your life has gone to shit.  Granted, SHE caused the shit (after she lost her baby), but this is just what she is facing.  (I am not making up excuses for her, but just letting you know what is probably going through her mind.)

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:38 PM
3 moms liked this

I feel sorry for people who lack empathy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)