Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this change your opinion of people? What about your friends?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:52 PM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think less of people who live from check to check and/or people who spend beyond their income?

Options:

yes-check to check

no-check to check

yes-spend beyond own income

no-spend beyond earned income

yes to both

no to both

I have an opinion but I'm a smug CafeMom participant so my answer is it's none of my concern and I don't judge people EVER

I like pancakes

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

Do you think less of people who live check to check, or of people who live beyond their income?

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't really think less of anyone. I may think that spending above your income is a bad choice, but I don't think less of those who do it.
Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

How people manage their money is none of my business. As long as they aren't asking me for money all the time, I could care less how they handle their money. 

MysticRainbow
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:55 PM
Mmmmmmm.........blueberry pancakes rock.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:55 PM
I think it's unwise to live beyond your means.

I also think it's unwise to put needs before wants, like the spate of Christmas posts I've seen about putting off bills to buy gifts.
P3r50n
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:55 PM
I like pancakes!!! Nom nom nom
blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:56 PM
What other people do with their money is none of my business. As long as they aren't always asking me to borrow money.
the_dude
by abides on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Abumps

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:59 PM

I really, really like pancakes :)

But no, I don't judge people based on their finances. I've lived check-to-check before, that's just the way things are sometimes. While spending beyond your means isn't really the smart thing to do, what people spend their money on is their own business. The only time I'd think less is if their kids were going without things they need, so that their parents can spend frivously. That would piss me off. 

nickysmom71
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:01 PM

I like pancakes and french toast

No I don't judge... they are not my finances

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:01 PM

No to both. Mainly because I dont know everything about their finances.

People could look at what we have and think we are doing pretty good. When really we are able to pay all our bills, we dont have enough for anything else or savings and stuff. They could look at my bills and say we spend beyond our income based on the amount of credit card debt we have. What they dont see is that when DH was out of work for almost a year, everything went on our credit cards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)