• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dogs that kill.

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:53 PM
  • 32 Replies
So I googled "dogs fatal attacks". After a "pit bulls are good dogs" post the other day.
Just out of curiosity, I wanted to see which breeds kill the most.

Here's what I surmised based on wikipedia's media reports of fatal dog attacks:

Most common breeds to kill:

German Shepard
Rottweiler
Pit bull
Saint Bernard

These were listed over and over from 1887-now. BUT many breeds have killed, especially babies.

But by far the most horrific was a Dachshund
That chewed off a baby's legs!! (Killing her)

What I took away from this was don't ever trust a dog with a baby no matter what, even if it's sweet and has never attacked before!

This from a lady who loves her pug. (Pugs weren't listed luckily, as ever killing a person)

Just a PSA.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WaterorWine
by Wino on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Bump!
WaterorWine
by Wino on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:59 PM
I have a lab.. and chiwawa neither dog is ever left alone with my kids. My chiwawa is always under a couch, she isnt nice. My lab is overly friendly and great with my kids
WaterorWine
by Wino on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

MommaTurbo
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:00 PM

I dont think those breeds necessarily attack more often than others. 

In fact, I think the actual statistic says labs account for the most attacks, but I'm not positive. 

The difference is, breeds like shepards, rotts, pits, etc dont just bite out of fear and retreat. They attack and maul. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Yea, any dog can attack and cause serious damage and even death. THEY ARE ANIMALS. I have a pit bull and although he's never been aggressive I wouldn't allow a child he didn't know to be around him alone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Wiener dogs are just the biggest assholes. I have a list of dogs that I'd never own and dachshunds are most certainly on it and have been for a while. 

WaterorWine
by Wino on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Good. I think I was surprised that many of the dogs who killed babies were described as loving, sweet dogs.

They were "jealous" and pulled them out of their bassinets to kill them!

Many different breeds.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have a lab.. and chiwawa neither dog is ever left alone with my kids. My chiwawa is always under a couch, she isnt nice. My lab is overly friendly and great with my kids
KennyPooPoo22
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Back in the day GSD were the feared dogs, then it was Dobermans, Rotties, and now Bully Breeds. Everybody aboard the "bad dog" train! Chew-chew!
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Our pug is half blind, half deaf, only has a few teeth and her back legs don't work so great. She's ancient and a huge PITA.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)