Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PA costs are more than 19%

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

I understand the need for PA. But I cant stand it when someone tries to minimize the cost. There are so many things people are not taking into consideration. For one, usually people think of just food stamps when they think of PA. If a family qualifies for food stamps they qualify for medical. And thats huge! PA aslo may include housing,cash assistance and schooling,

Taxes also go to other things that PA recipients utilize but dont pay for including: government (which is a ridiculous amount) police,streets,parks, community programs and so on (you get my point). There is also the human services staff, buildings and so forth. All of this has to be paid by someone. Tax payers.

In my state I have to pay property tax. Last year it was about $3,000.  The county put out a report of where the taxes are going. The majority goes to human services.

The last thing I can think of  (im sure im missing something) is the refunds that working families on PA get. (or the EIC or family tax credit....IDK) They do pay in taxes, but get them all back AND they get extra money. That money comes from somewhere as well.

Go ahead and accuse me of beating a dead horse if you cant come up with a reply. I have never seen a post where these statements were made.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:02 PM

You realize "human services" is no just Welfare, FS, and WIC, right?  Human services can be grants given to non-profit groups and organizations to promote mental health, parenting, and help those find jobs.  Human services is homeless shelters and soup kitchens.  It can be non-profit social service organizations.  http://www.nationalhumanservices.org/what-is-human-services

Jesus Christ, lady, educate YOURSELF before spouting off nonsense!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Quoting Anonymous 2:

You realize "human services" is no just Welfare, FS, and WIC, right?  Human services can be grants given to non-profit groups and organizations to promote mental health, parenting, and help those find jobs.  Human services is homeless shelters and soup kitchens.  It can be non-profit social service organizations.  http://www.nationalhumanservices.org/what-is-human-services

Jesus Christ, lady, educate YOURSELF before spouting off nonsense!

Thank you for adding to my post. I forgot about those other things. Yes all the things I have listed have listed have different things involved. All of which have to be paid for by somebody in some way or another which are utilized by tax payers and non tax payers. Nothing is for free. The report that was sent to me was showing me where my tax dollars are going. So you did not make a point. You only proved mine. The whole point of my post was tax money goes to more than just FS or PA. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)