• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First time gym goer! Need help!

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:09 PM
  • 4 Replies
Okay ladies, I took the plunge and bought a gym membership because honestly, I'm not motivated enough to do it at home but I know that after paying the money I'll use it lol.

So! Who has some tips or advice (best machines to use, things of that nature)

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:12 PM
I like free weights. I do all kinds of squats and lunges, deadlifts are great. I usually do legs, back and biceps, shoulders and triceps. Then I do 15 minutes of abs at the end of my workout.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:14 PM
One of the other groups may be better suited to answer this question. Try the weight loss and fitness group maybe. I personally love the elliptical cross trainer because it works the full body and burns loads of calories. Ask people at the gym, get involved don't be shy 😊
ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:55 PM
That's the worst part is I am VERY shy haha. I'm going to take some classes too so I can get in the swing of things

Quoting Anonymous 2: One of the other groups may be better suited to answer this question. Try the weight loss and fitness group maybe.
I personally love the elliptical cross trainer because it works the full body and burns loads of calories. Ask people at the gym, get involved don't be shy 😊
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Quoting ninjakids: That's the worst part is I am VERY shy haha. I'm going to take some classes too so I can get in the swing of things
Quoting Anonymous 2: One of the other groups may be better suited to answer this question. Try the weight loss and fitness group maybe. I personally love the elliptical cross trainer because it works the full body and burns loads of calories. Ask people at the gym, get involved don't be shy 😊
You will love it! Don't worry, enjoy it! Everyone was in your shoes at some point, the first time is always the hardest but it gets easier and more fun!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)