Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my ex is being sneaky and trying to get out of paying support.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
So my sons bio dad hasnt seen ds in 4 years..his choice. I have tried to get child support all those years and finally just this year I went to court and first I got paid 11 a week. Went back to court a few months later to get 60a week.

I get the first payment and found out by a mutual friend that he quit his job of 3 years. So apparently he found anofher one but claimed he tried to report it to child support but called and called and could never get anyone on the phone.

So I was suppose to get a payment today..well not getting it now. Ex lives in a different state..I feel he thinks he can switch jobs and not pay support. I dont know where he is working now.

What will happen? Does it just add up now..or do they see he has another job and still take it out of his check?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Bump
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:23 PM
It depends on your state.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leeshuh
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:25 PM

$11 a week at first? How does that even count for anything?

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:28 PM
It will probably accumulate, but in reality, some states are better at collection of child support than other states.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:29 PM
It doesnt. I guess that is the lowest amount they can order in my state.

Quoting leeshuh:

$11 a week at first? How does that even count for anything?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Yeah I figured it would just add up. Its not like I need it but my dh pays child support too witnout a court order and we have my sd every day its 50/50 so having that extra money is nice but I knew it wouldnt last long.

Quoting celestegood: It will probably accumulate, but in reality, some states are better at collection of child support than other states.
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:13 PM
You should be careful about that. If his child's mother went after child support, what your husband has paid until now could be considered a gift to the mother and not child support.
Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah I figured it would just add up. Its not like I need it but my dh pays child support too witnout a court order and we have my sd every day its 50/50 so having that extra money is nice but I knew it wouldnt last long.

Quoting celestegood: It will probably accumulate, but in reality, some states are better at collection of child support than other states.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:26 PM
I work for a construction company and we have guys quit all the time once child support catches up to them.

Good luck to you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)