• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh crap its about to hit the fan and I'm standing right in the middle ***edit***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Last Christmas my brother came to town for the holidays. He lives about 14 hours away so he flew here. About his 4th day in town my grandmother who doesn't drive any more was ready to come back home.from visiting her daughter about 2 hours away. My aunt only wanted to drive halfway and have someone meet her to get my grandma and bring her back home the other hour. My brother offered to take her car and go get her. I was in the hospital and had just given birth so my mom had my older kids and couldn't do it.

Well not even 10 minutes after leaving to get my grandmother, my brother, driving her car was rear ended. Since my grandma wasn't driving her car her insurance had lapsed when she didn't make a payment. So oops. My mom went right away and paid the insurance and promised my brother she would pay the ticket he got fot driving with no insurance. OK problem solved.

Until about 10 minutes ago when an officer showed up at MY house looking for him. She wouldn't tell me details so I said oh I bet this is about the accident. And she replied oh well thats a very good guess.
Thanked me for my time and she left.

So I call my mom and ask her and she said she never paid the ticket because she didn't have the money. Meanwhile my brother is under the assumption its paid and he's good to go.
My mother said something about calling in a favor and hung up with me.

Now I'm freaking out because when my brother finds out he is going to freak the fuck out and go on a rampage. And I'm going to be the one they both call to complain to because the other party is in the wrong and I don't want nor do I need to hear it. Ugh!!!! FML!

********OK edit******

I just talked to my mom, the warrant is from about 4 years ago when he was driving and the car in front of him had slammed on his brakes and since the road was icy my brother bumped the back bumper.
There was no damage, the police officer did not even want to write a report but the other man insisted. And then a few months later my brother had to hire an attorney and go to court when the man sent him a bill for 1500 worth of chrome he had added to his car and blamed it on my brother. The case was dismissed but now the mans insurance company is looking for my brother because the man is now suing him for the cost of the updates (chrome) he had added to the front and sides of his car, claiming it was necessary because my brother hit his back bumper going about 2-5 mph sliding on ice.... Yep.
Also, my mother, is suppose to be hearing from the officer at the scene of the most recent accident as to how she's gonna pay it.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Scarlevimama
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh dang, your poor brother. Your mom should have just come clean and told him she couldn't pay for the ticket so he wouldn't have the warrant.

AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

QUICK! Shut off the phone and don't answer it for the rest of the year!

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Lol

Quoting AllofFive19:

QUICK! Shut off the phone and don't answer it for the rest of the year!

krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Ick! That is an ugly situation! You have my sympathy while trying to deal with it! Good luck!
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:29 PM

your brother was irresponsible to let a ticket in his name go unpaid, he should have followed up, even if it was his mother. your mother was a bitch to not tell him but the ticket was HIS responsibility.

and when they call to bitch about just tell them you don't want to hear it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Bump for for he edit!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)