Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son went missing today

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:24 PM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

He's  2 years 5 months. I ran upstairs to use the bathroom and when I came back down I couldn't find him anywhere. I was calling him and eventually yelling for him. I went outside and yelled for him. I was about to call 911 when he poked his head out from under the side table with a face full of chocolate. Freaking kid nearly gave me a heart attack so he could eat from the Halloween stash! 

Have any of your children ever nearly given you a heart attack like that? SHare your stories.

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrissara1011
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:30 PM
My dd did that when she was 5 (she is now 23)....sw was playing hide and seek in the over grown field behind the house...I worked for ems and had called a few friends to help look for her when she pops up laughing...I could of killed her... Lol jk
crumpy_gat
by No. on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Lol
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Terrifying!

I went with another mom friend for a manicure in the mall we got separated. She had DS and I couldn't find them. I about flipped my shit.
MicheleJM
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:40 PM
My dad had ds when he was about eight and both wandered off together at Animal Kingdom. My mother was the one upset. I was like ds is with my dad...eventually we'll find them. We did. But ds did give my dad a heart attack once when he was watching him and he hid in my car. I was out with my mom I heard about it later. Idk why he picked my car. Perhaps he couldn't find me but figured mom can't go too far without her car..
He was horrible about pulling vanishing acts. I think hes given everyone he knows at least one heart attack.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Terrifying!

I went with another mom friend for a manicure in the mall we got separated. She had DS and I couldn't find them. I about flipped my shit.
bresmommy21
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:41 PM

My second oldest went missing till I found her passed out behind the front door asleep. She was a toddler.

mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Omg I would have died!!!

Quoting chrissara1011: My dd did that when she was 5 (she is now 23)....sw was playing hide and seek in the over grown field behind the house...I worked for ems and had called a few friends to help look for her when she pops up laughing...I could of killed her... Lol jk

TheRingmaster
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:42 PM
It's happened to most :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:44 PM
My daughter's half brother disappeared one night. He was 6 or 7. Wearing shorts, t-shirt, and socks. They were canvassing the neighborhood, knocking on doors, looking for video footage at the nearby stores, they'd even called the cops. About 3 hours later, he showed up "asleep" on his bed.
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:44 PM
I was at the beach and my 2 year old was gone in a second. I screamed for him but couldn't find him. It was winter so no baywatch. I thought he was in the ocean. Suddenly he popped up from behind a dune. I was hyperventilating by then and had to go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:49 PM
My 3 year old did that to me in kohls. She ran into a clithes rack and i immediately went to get her out but she was gone! It was a good 5 minutes of me looking for her and the employees all being notified before we found her. Scared me to death! It scared her because she couldn't find me so much she has never tried to hide, run, or go into a clothes rack again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)