• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I want to throw my own gender reveal party. Someone told me that it's tacky of me?

I'm not expecting gifts. I have a lot of stuff from my daughter still. (Bit of pack rat). And I want to do a party because I have a big family and they are all wanting to know the gender of the baby. I figured a party would be a fun way to be together and find out.

This person said it looked like I was just looking for gifts and attention. Attention, maybe. But gifts? No one knows if it's a boy or a girl, what kind of gifts would someone bring?

Thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:29 PM
I don't think gifts are a "thing" at gender reveals anyways.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Don't worry about what people think and have your party :)
zeenah
by Zarah on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:29 PM
I threw two and i never received one gift lol I had no clue you received gifts at them...
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Lol, I totally thought you were going to reveal your gender.

MilkLover0203
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Just have a huge barbecue, and invite everyone but the mouthy opinionated one.
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:30 PM

i didn't know gifts were expected at gender reveals.

ragdoll7777
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Do it; those are always fun.

kgracio
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM
I say do what you want. You are not asking for gifts and if someone gets you a gift that's on them.
katenblake
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:32 PM
I would do it! A gender reveal party isn't for gifts, its to let your loved ones know the gender! Are you going to wait too? I had a friend of mine have a cake done with blue or pink or the inside. She had the ultrasound technician put the gender in an envelope and she gave it to the cake decorater and waited till they cut the cake at the party! She asked for no gifts and provided all the snacks and refreshments! It was great! :)
Beachdeprived
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:32 PM

I don't know... I am traditionalist... gender was revealed when I gave birth. LOL It's hard for me to relate or understand the reveal party concept butI know it's a new trend. If you are just having a party to celebrate it and you supply everything and specially state no gifts, then I guess there is nothing wrong with it.
BTW,,, I had a baby shower and no one knew if it was a boy or girl (including me).. so people bring gender neutral gifts... you know, how they did it back in the old days before ultrasounds. LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)