Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She pushed me.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

On halloween my daughter (13) was out with friends walking around the neighborhood. I gave her my phone so I could contact her. When I got my phone back she was logged into facebook message. I saw she had been talking to one of her grounded friends planning to sneak in their house with the grounded friends boyfriend.

I asked my daughter about it. She denied it. I told her not to lie to me but she insisted and got rude to me. So I told her she was grounded from her ipod and to give it to me. She gave it to me but pushed me against the wall bruising my back.

She is still grounded and I told her she bruised me. Her reply was she did not care at all that she hurt me. She still wont admit what she was doing.

I do not think she pushed me on purpose. But it concerns me. She has been through alot. 3 years ago I left her dad because of verbal abuse and some physical. My daughter saw him push me against the wall. She told me to leave him because he was abusing me. After an ugly divorce things are settle. We are doing really well now.

But then my daughter got cancer in her appendix recently. Luckily it was caught early and removed but it has been tough thinking had we not caught it it could have killed her.

She has had alot to digest in her life.

I am not really sure how to get through her tough exterior. Or if she really is that heartless that she doesnt care if she hurts people.

Really not sure what to do!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunsetchick34
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Oh mama how can you not be sure what to do? You are the adult, have some consequences or it will get progressively get worse. Don't make excuses about her bad behavior. She should not hit period.
thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry! Look, first of all I was a total asshole when I was that age. Very tough on the outside and would intimidate with my agressive attitude. It was just the ragey hormones, a little resentment, and not feeling comfortable in my own skin as a person yet. I did turn out to be a loving compassionate person. I get that you're worried, but don't jump the gun. Hang in there, she'll come around.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:35 PM
3 moms liked this
Get into family counseling ASAP.
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:37 PM
I generally don't jump to this, but it sounds like she could do with some counseling. I also thinks she needs consequences, but like you said, she's been through a lot. She probably needs someone to talk to and help her get her head on straight.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Maybe she needs to speak with a therapist to work through emotions.

Scarlevimama
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:37 PM

1) If she was a "normal, happy, nothing-the-matter" 13 year old, I'd freak the hell out. Ground her until the end of the century for pushing you.

2) If you are honest-to-God worried about her having gone through so much to lead her to pushing you, get her into counseling with a quickness. Seriously, it is your parental obligation to make sure that she is in good mental health.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:39 PM

As others have said, get her into counseling.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:41 PM

I would have beat her ass and grounded her.

crazytalk08
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree you're the adult here and I think you should of have some type pf consequences...a child should NEVER put a hand on their parents ever...it is disrespectful and looks bad on the parent allowing it...not only the parents but her hitting anyone else as well

Quoting sunsetchick34: Oh mama how can you not be sure what to do? You are the adult, have some consequences or it will get progressively get worse. Don't make excuses about her bad behavior. She should not hit period.

holyhoola
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Have her volunteer at an animal shelter, that should instill empathy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)