• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Most embarrassing room/area in your home?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

I'm going anon, but I'm admitting that the rooms in my house that I would be mortified to have someone see are as follows - along with a quick why...

Master bedroom - no matching furniture, clothes everywhere b/c closet is broken, desk holding tv is too small and looks terrible, wallpaper border is half peeling off up top, carpet is yucky blue and stained from who knows what in a few places too - room needs a total makeover

Backyard - half of it is deck, rest is too small to play in so dog takes it over, deck is barely used other than for outdoor furniture storage, just messy :(

Basement - most of the basement is storage, and it ain't pretty, no organization, a body could get lost down there!

Kids bedrooms - always a mess, walls need paint, haven't painted since we moved in 5+ yrs ago

What are your worst rooms that you wouldn't even let your mom/sis/bff see?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:15 PM

i would let my mom and bff see anywhere in my home reguardless of how it looks...

however,,, my least favorite place currently is the master bedroom, our closet is also out of order because there was a leak in the ceiling. it got fixed, i just havent been able to get it all back together yet.

Teeter-Tottered
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:18 PM
Heh, I don't think we have matching anything ~_~

Right now our hallway is probably the most embarrassing though. I'm in the middle of tearing down wallpaper and it looks awful!
auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:21 PM

In the house...the upstairs. (kids are grown and gone) We are in the process of redoing things up there...making my husband a man cave, me a sewing room, etc. So right now there are a lot of piles. Stuff to throw away, stuff to store, leftover stuff of my son's he needs to come and get...its a mess right now.  And I have no desire to deal with any of it at the moment. lol

Outside...the backyard.  Its just ugly this time of year..leaves need raked, we have all the outdoor furniture stacked on the deck and need to haul it back to the detached garage, some junk on the patio...bleah!

bigmouthbabe
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Get off your computer/butt and clean them then... or hire help to do it.  No excuse.

myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:23 PM
There aren't any rooms that I'm too embarrassed to let people see, but the bathroom can get a little yuck. Nothing gross, but I can't seem to get dh to stop leaving his clothes in there.
holyhoola
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Our basement, we completed phase one last week!
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:25 PM
The basement is the worst part of our house. I just can't seem to get it organized in a way that works well. It's not too terrible though.
rachellaree20
by Rachel on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Nothing about my apartment embarrasses me.  It's small (1000sq ft 2 bed/1bath), a bit cluttered and crowded with two adults, two small kids and two animals living in it but it's not gross or embarrassing.  I try pretty hard to make room for everything but it would be nice to have a bit more space to work with!

LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:30 PM
Mt laundry room is horrible. It's narrow, needs painting, hole in the ceiling, floor needs to be replaced, and always cluttered. The door is splitting too, and missing the knob.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:32 PM
I dislike my dining room because there are a couple boxes of things that need homes, and my husband's bathroom, which is fairly self explanatory. Everything else is pretty basic starting out stuff. Upgrading as we go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)