Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't vote

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I don’t vote. For the past several years most people’s response to me is disgust. That I have no pride, I am lazy, unpatriotic, ignorant etc. I feel like I am more judged for not voting than for voting simply because it’s the “thing to do”. Although I do believe that voting and politics are important, I don’t think they are important for everyone. I do not believe trusting someone else to make decisions about your life is a logical choice, for me.

The 2012 presidential election had the highest voter turnout since 1968. Thanks in part to celebrities, it was cool to vote, so people did it. The majority of the country is still complaining. Why try to glorify voting and influence people to vote that have no idea why they are checking those boxes? I am perfectly happy to live in the United States and appreciate the freedom and opportunity I have here. I know that no matter which side is in power, my family and I are already going to have a life that’s better than most other people on the planet. It is honestly not important to me whether a Republican or Democrat wins the next election. Again, that’s not to say that it’s not an important discussion, but for me personally, investing my energy into something like that is just not worth my time . . .

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:44 PM
I dont vote either.
SuckIt69
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Did you get your "I didn't vote" sticker?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:46 PM

They have those!?

Quoting SuckIt69: Did you get your "I didn't vote" sticker?

SuckIt69
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:48 PM
A friend of mine had one. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 1:

They have those!?

Quoting SuckIt69: Did you get your "I didn't vote" sticker?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Fine. Don't vote.  But then don't complain either. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:49 PM

If you do not vote then when the politicians in office make policies and decisions you do not like, you have no right to complain.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Who said I was complaining?

Quoting Anonymous 4:

If you do not vote then when the politicians in office make policies and decisions you do not like, you have no right to complain.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:50 PM

What did I complain about?

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:53 PM

I was referring to complaining about the government or elected officials. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

What did I complain about?

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:53 PM
I'm not voting either. I forgot to change my info after we moved and I really don't wanna drive 30 minutes and try to fake that I still live in my old district and possibly get turned away. Plus I would have to lug three kids with me. My life doesn't really change no matter who's in office, I don't talk politics, and I don't complain either. I never know about all the things on the ballot. I plan to change it by the next presidential election.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)