Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son just sat with her

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this
We are on a trip in Ireland right now, this morning while we were site seeing my ds noticed a young woman on the top of a hill. He told us to keep going and he was going to see if she was ok, before he got to her she started crying and sat down on her knees (she was spreading 4 people's ashes). my ds just sat down next to her, didn't say a word just put his hand on hers and sat there until she got up to spread the ashes. We were watching this from the bottom of the hill, the young kids wanted to catch frogs at the river btw. After she spread the ashes she hugged him and walked back up the road, after asking someone from the village if she lived there we found out that she did live there and the ashes she was spreading were her great grand mothers and her 3 brothers ashes, so we asked what house she lived in and took her a gift and something to eat.

Today was supposed to be fun, looking at castles and stuff, but we ended up in a young woman's house.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:46 PM
I want to go to ireland.

I am finding it hard to believe a villager gave strangers info about another villager and even gave the grieving woman's address to strangers/people they don't know who are visiting ireland.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
It's beautiful

Quoting Anonymous 2: I want to go to ireland
autodidact
by Snarknado on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

human connections are better travel memories than sightseeing, anyhow. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:53 PM
It's different here then it is in the us everyone is close. All the villagers took her gifts also I noticed, she had a fridge full of food from other women in the village

Quoting Anonymous 2: I want to go to ireland.

I am finding it hard to believe a villager gave strangers info about another villager and even gave the grieving woman's address to strangers/people they don't know who are visiting ireland.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:54 PM
True

Quoting autodidact:

human connections are better travel memories than sightseeing, anyhow. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)