Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She wrote on the wall!

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:01 PM
  • 25 Replies

Mobile Photo

How do I get chalk off a chalk board wall? My DD4 her name is Zoe, she tried blaming her sister but clearly she wrote her own name. We only have the chalkboard wall because it was here when we moved in a few months ago. I have tried water and a sponge, but it leaves weird marks. No sprays help. Help me.
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the_dude
by abides on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:03 PM

do you have any coke? like the cola... obviously... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:05 PM
I thought the object of a chalkboard wall was so that they could write on it... shouldn't you be able to erase the chalk like you would a normal chalkboard?
the_dude
by abides on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Take like a half cup of coke in a saucer, and dampen a cloth with it, wipe it on the chalk, it should dry clean, don't use enough to drip, just enough to wipe the chalk away. 

Arjpc
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Just erase it or use water and a towel. Ours dries with white marks too but it's not a normal chalkboard so it makes sense.
ashiilolo
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Does that really work? I guess I'm going to get some coke. We rent the house and our toilet is running, the landlord said he will be by tomorrow. I just don't want it to look a mess.

Quoting the_dude:

Take like a half cup of coke in a saucer, and dampen a cloth with it, wipe it on the chalk, it should dry clean, don't use enough to drip, just enough to wipe the chalk away. 

holyhoola
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh you're serious. ..
ashiilolo
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:08 PM
I can't stand looking at the white streaks.

Quoting Arjpc: Just erase it or use water and a towel. Ours dries with white marks too but it's not a normal chalkboard so it makes sense.
lexiloo714
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Can't you just erase it? Isn't a chalk board meant for chalk?
ashiilolo
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:09 PM
Yes. It just leaves white streaks when I do. Our landlord will be by tomorrow so I want to make it look nice.

Quoting lexiloo714: Can't you just erase it? Isn't a chalk board meant for chalk?
Arjpc
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:10 PM
If you didn't want it, why not just paint over it?

Quoting ashiilolo: I can't stand looking at the white streaks.

Quoting Arjpc: Just erase it or use water and a towel. Ours dries with white marks too but it's not a normal chalkboard so it makes sense.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)