Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She said this is the life you've chosen

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
I had difficult childhood. Lack of money, clothes, food, love. Then I had very difficult 20ies. It was hard for me to find a decent job without college degree, sometimes I even had no cash for the bus to go to interview or I didn't have any shoes to put on. On my first work I was starving the first month because I couldn't afford bying lunch. Then I started a job with a very good payroll but very stressful and unpleasant. I told my mom how stressed I was and she changed the topic. I told her that she could at least listen to me and pretend to care. She replied "what you expected me to do, this is the life you have chosen". No, I didn't choose it. You have chosen it for me. I had no choice. Or I had to choose between starvation and this job. I have starved long enough while you were supposed to take care of me
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happinessforyou
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:49 PM
2 moms liked this

WOW! With the maternal support you got, I can support you not ever speaking to that woman again... GL

lancet98
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:49 PM

That isn't really true.   You could have gotten scholarships, loans and grants, and gone to college, or a professional program, or gotten a certification in something, to help you get a better job.  

I know a lot of people who are doing that right now, and have no more advantages than you did.

I think you're just a little bit whiney.

Shy_Dia
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:49 PM
So what are you doing to change it?

You don't like your job. Ok, got it. But what now? Don't blame your mom. The past is the past. Find a new job. Get your ged. Go to college, whatever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:49 PM
2 moms liked this
She chose how your childhood went. You choose how your adulthood goes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:50 PM
Student loans, scholarship, financial assistance...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:51 PM
excuses
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:52 PM
With that kind of grammar I doubt she could have gotten scholarships. Also doubt she would have made it very far in college, so she would just have a bunch more debt... j/s

Quoting lancet98:

That isn't really true.   You could have gotten scholarships, loans and grants, and gone to college, or a professional program, or gotten a certification in something, to help you get a better job.  

I know a lot of people who are doing that right now, and have no more advantages than you did.

I think you're just a little bit whiney.

lancet98
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:52 PM

In fact, I'm taking a class at a college that charges only 400 dollars for semester long classes.   It would only take a few of these classes to get a paralegal certification.

You'd make good money.   You'd have a much better job.

NipplePirate
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:52 PM
But this is the life you have chosen. You can do something about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:54 PM
You're grown now and you have to stop blaming your parents and your past for your current situation. Your mom is right, you chose this life. We live in America where there are so many options to do so many different things. I come from a country where there are no choices for women, just getting married and having kids. But here we can go to college, learn a trade and get financial assistance for school. Stop wallowing in self pity and use that hunger to motivate you to do better. If I was your mom I would get tired of hearing that too. I'm not saying it's easy to pull yourself up from poverty but you can't keep complaining and doing nothing to change your situation. Just do what you have to do and keep pushing forward. Teach your kids that it doesn't matter where you're from, if you work hard and have ambition anything is possible.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)