Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's a sad fact for me

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:04 PM
  • 12 Replies
I use to work in a sales environment where I was the only woman. It was chalk full of competition and pretty fast paced. At my new job women out number the men specifically in my department. It makes me uncomfortable at best. I've seen and been let in on some of the catty BS. I stay without opinion because I'm here for a paycheck.

I don't want to be involved or associated with any kind of drama. One of the girls tonight told me I was standoffish. I just shrugged and said I was still pretty new just getting my footing. What I really wanted to say was that I want nothing to do with the cool kid circle or any of the bullshit coworker drama. I know I probably come off as a bitch, but I'm just too old for it.

I miss my old job. ):
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:05 PM
Bump
poohbearkfc
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:06 PM
I'm so sorry, how come you had to change jobs?
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:14 PM
I was told I had a transfer. My manager screwed up the process so when I got to my new home in TN and went to the store they told me they'd never heard of me. My managers did what they could from there, but the store had filled my position. Sending me searching for a new job ASAP. I got one at Bass Pro in the front end (customer service, registers and credit). I sell BPS credit cards now. It's hourly too, I was 100% commission .

Quoting poohbearkfc: I'm so sorry, how come you had to change jobs?
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Bump
drowningmama
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:16 PM
I can't work with too many women. They are certainly catty. One girl at work told me today not to talk to a certain male coworker because he is her man. Ummm? What?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:17 PM
Lol right. What are we in HS?

Quoting drowningmama: I can't work with too many women. They are certainly catty. One girl at work told me today not to talk to a certain male coworker because he is her man. Ummm? What?
poohbearkfc
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Oh man. That's rough. Hopefully you can find something that makes you happy.

Quoting Glitchtastic: I was told I had a transfer. My manager screwed up the process so when I got to my new home in TN and went to the store they told me they'd never heard of me. My managers did what they could from there, but the store had filled my position. Sending me searching for a new job ASAP. I got one at Bass Pro in the front end (customer service, registers and credit). I sell BPS credit cards now. It's hourly too, I was 100% commission .

Quoting poohbearkfc: I'm so sorry, how come you had to change jobs?
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I hear ya.

When I worked as a RN the field was mostly all women, very few men when I started.

As a CRNA there are a lot more men, thankfully.  I find it much easier working with men.  In *my* experience men work harder and stay away from the politics.  I love it.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:20 PM

People think Im bitchy because I am not overly warm. Im actually a few warm hearted and kind person, their loss.

peachesforme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:20 PM
That happened to me too. I was just in the parking lot talking to some guy coworker and this lady threatened me that if I break his heart she will deal with me. I told her I can talk to whomever I want.

Quoting drowningmama: I can't work with too many women. They are certainly catty. One girl at work told me today not to talk to a certain male coworker because he is her man. Ummm? What?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)