Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

supplements. do you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
I've been thinking about vitamin supplements today. There is so much conflicting advice about what is good to take and what it cures yet so many swear taking them has changed their life. So do any of you ladies use supplements? What for? I get most of mine from my diet (such as the common omega or iron supplements) but evening primrose really seems to help with pms symptoms (some people may think its a placebo effect, that's fine, I feel better for taking them and that's all that matters lol)
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:14 PM

I took a great multi-vitamin called Berroca until my doc told me I was actually getting too mych B12 (my hand went numb), so I had to stop.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:15 PM
I swear I used paragraphs, its strange how the format changes when you press the submit button. Sorry!
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:15 PM
No I dont. I think it's questionable if they even benefit you period
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:15 PM
I started taking maca root for my face and my skin has never been so clear.
kmeow
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:16 PM

I take fish oil. I moved from the west coast to Kansas, land of no seafood, so I need it. I don't get anywhere near the twice a week recomendation for fish anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:17 PM
Quoting lollip0p:

I took a great multi-vitamin called Berroca until my doc told me I was actually getting too mych B12 (my hand went numb), so I had to stop.

That's a pretty serious side effect! Did you replace the multi-vitamin or has this scared you off using them?
mrs42
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:19 PM

No supplements, just a multivitamin.I would rather get it from my diet than take a pill.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Quoting incogNinja: No I dont. I think it's questionable if they even benefit you period
I understand that. A lot of people have the same opinion which is why I was thinking about such a random subject today 😊
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Quoting Anonymous 2: I started taking maca root for my face and my skin has never been so clear.
I've not heard of this one. Its great it helps you!
lapcounter
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:21 PM
I use Advocare products.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)