Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like I failed them

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I will be leaving my family to seek treatment for mental health and I feel like i've failed my family :( sorry just needed to get this off my chest.  

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheRingmaster
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
No, refusing help would be failing them. :)
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:26 PM
At least you're doing something about it. Not addressing the problem and fixing it would be failing them.
pinktardis
by Pinky on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:26 PM
The only way you will fail them is by not doing what's best for yourself. Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:52 PM

My mom seems to think I failed

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Don't be hun you are helping yourself to help your kids.. Don't listen to your mom. Mental illness is usually genetic maybe you inherited it from her ? Who is she to critize?
seaformee
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Your mom is not you, and it is not her decision. If she's not being supportive, then take this time to learn how to protect yourself.

I say good for you! It's a big step, but you AND your family will be better off because of it!
firespurity
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:56 PM
As long as you arranged for care while you're gone, you're doing the right thing. If you need help, you need help. No one would be calling you a failure for getting a cast on a broken foot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:56 PM
I know how you are feeling gun :/ I went into a facility for 61 days for anorexia which was so hard but it was the best thing for me and my family. Remember - when you are healthy and happy so is your family.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Do you intend to come back? What do you mean by leaving?

corasmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:58 PM
You are doing what's best for you and your family by going into treatment. There is no failure in that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)