Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what common courtesy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Routines have you started doing since working customer service and what type of job were you doing when you learned them?

I stack plates and silverware and also tip nicely to good servers because I used to be one and I know how easy it is to get in the weeds and having bad tippers sucked

I also fold clothes up after unfolding them to look at them bc I hated when people would come through and make a mess at my first job.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheRingmaster
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:32 PM
As a mother I do those things. I'm very polite. And clean up.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:32 PM
I refold clothes jcpenney style lol
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:32 PM
I generally try not to be an asshole. God, I HATED working with the public.
bcoll
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:33 PM
I try to always be courteous but I have never worked customer service.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:36 PM
I don't call stores and be rude or get upset at the employee answering the phone. I don't complain about not being able to return something. If I'm wondering if something is in stock, I'll drive to the store and look for myself instead of calling. Especially during Christmas season.

I was a store operator at Best Buy. People can be freakin nuts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Lol me too! I felt like half of the people I served had never had to do anything for anyone in their lives. It was a bit crazy.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I generally try not to be an asshole. God, I HATED working with the public.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:38 PM
I'm positive it's probably equal on mothers who do and do not have simple common courtesy. Even common sense at that. Your kids are blessed to be parented by someone who gives a shit about others :)

Quoting TheRingmaster: As a mother I do those things. I'm very polite. And clean up.
mrs42
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:39 PM

I stack the plates & silverware too after being a server. I try to be patient with CS on the phone because I worked in a call center years ago. All kind of crazy, angry ppl called in ranting and I don't want to be one of them lol. I just try to be courteous in general though :)

TheRingmaster
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Lol.... I'd hate that mess...plus there's nine of us. It would be super rude :)

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm positive it's probably equal on mothers who do and do not have simple common courtesy. Even common sense at that. Your kids are blessed to be parented by someone who gives a shit about others :)

Quoting TheRingmaster: As a mother I do those things. I'm very polite. And clean up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Haha. I worked at a call center for a bank too. That job taught me that they hire people and don't always train them correctly so to have more patience with the person on the other side of the phone.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't call stores and be rude or get upset at the employee answering the phone. I don't complain about not being able to return something. If I'm wondering if something is in stock, I'll drive to the store and look for myself instead of calling. Especially during Christmas season.

I was a store operator at Best Buy. People can be freakin nuts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)