Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else breast feeding their toddler?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
I breast fed DS 1 till 22 months. Stopped because I was pregnant with my second DS. DS 2 will be a year old in two weeks and I plan on going for however long he wants.
I remember when I was BFing DS 1 and people would say... "Omg! You're still breastfeeding him?? Don't you think it's time to stop??"
I couldnt stand that! I won't apologize or feel guilty for wanting to continue to provide my children with nutritive filled milk.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
freddyk
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:42 PM

I breastfed my first until a little after he was two. His best friend is 3 and a half and still breast feeding, I couldn't IMAGINE still nursing.

tanyainmizzou
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Why are you ashamed of it?
SuckIt69
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:43 PM
I'm nursing my 14 mo. But he's tiny so no one really bats an eye.
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:44 PM
I'm still nursing my 15 month old and I'm pregnant. She only nurses 3-4 times a day now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:45 PM
I'm still breast feeding my seventeen month old on demand. I try to do it discreetly in a carrier, but I really don't care if people see anything. If you think I am immodest for flashing a hint of skin while I juggle a three year old and an angry baby, I don't really care. I am a little jealous that you have never had that problem, but that's all.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:46 PM

I didn't breast feed ever. You have nothing to feel guilty about though. 

Ecoseem
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:46 PM

I heard that a lot too, ds nursed until his second birthday.

Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:47 PM

I cut him off at two. I think he would have continued until he was thirty if I had not put an end to it. He handled it very well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:48 PM
No..for me it was a year and that it. I can't nor could I ever BF a toddler.
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:48 PM

DD is weaning now.  I'm 18 weeks pregnant with #2.  DD will be 3 in December.  I get lots of "so when are you going to wean?" comments, but honestly after the age of 18 months nobody besides immediate family even knew she was doing it.  My gram would ask, but it's common in my fam to continue to nurse to 3-4.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)