• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I kick my son out or not?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

My 26 year old son still lives with my husband, my 13 year old daughter, and I and he couldn't hold a job. He worked at Wal-mart, McDonald's, Burger King, KFC, etc. for 3 months at the most and he quit on some jobs and got fired on other jobs. He is intelligent and he been a straight A student when he was in school, but been lazy and not be able to hold a job. He has a scholarship to Yale, but he said he didn't want to go to college. He used the money he earned to buy video games each job he had and then quit his job or got fired. He's been on the computer and right now he's been playing some game called League of Legend and I asked him to help out with the house but he said he can't leave the game or he'll get kicked out of the game, he needs to realize it's a fucking game and he needs to face reality. He doesn't pay bills and we still feed him because he doesn't buy food, only thing he done was put gas in his car and that's probably it. He never dated in his life so far and my husband even tried to introduce him to some women that didn't work out. He also needs to realize that we're getting older and I'm on disability because I have lupus and unable to work, I was a store manager at K-mart and my husband works as a neurologist and he's 61 years old right now he said he'll retire when he's 65 and draw social security. I don't understand him and my 24 year old daughter is married, has her own place, has a job, and has 2 children. He's being lazy and hasn't done anything in the house, my husband and I talked and thinking about kicking him out. Should I do it or not? I even told him to join the army or job corp but he wouldn't.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:06 PM
3 moms liked this
This is a serious question?

My question is why have you waited so long?
Gabeys_Mommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:06 PM
Possibly. Or charge him x amount of rent.. if he cant pay up, he needs to go. He needs something to wake him up.
blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Kick him out. I would. He needs to grow up and face reality. He won't if he is living with mom and dad. You may have to legally evict him. Look into the laws in your state. Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Yale doesn't give scholarships, troll.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:07 PM
He needs something to motivate him... I don't know what tho. I hate to break it to ya but my brother is a world of Warcraft freak. Its cost him his marriage and his job. That internet needs to go. I'm serious.
mrsmoonbeam
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Well duh!
DaringDo
by Stiletto on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Seriously kick his bum ass out. I wonder why my parents haven't done the same with my brothers.

Quoting luckysevenwow: This is a serious question?

My question is why have you waited so long?
SmallTown_Momma
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I think perhaps you need to draw up a contract between your husband , yourself and your son ...that he needs to pay x amount of rent , if rent is not paid by such a date he needs to start looking for a place to live, also put it in there that upon paying rent he has a year in your home and than after that he needs to move out of the house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:14 PM
I would kick him out.. or take his stuff, so he could get out. There's no way I'll have my son living in The house and not contributing. Those video games suck the life out of people!
DaringDo
by Stiletto on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:14 PM
You pretty much just described one of my two bum ass brothers that are 25 and 24 years old and still leech off my parents. Its not even me and it pisses me off. Get rid of him. I don't understand parents that let their grown ass kids be losers. Your just enabling him. Time for some tough love!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)