Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you eat dinner as a family?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:51 PM
  • 37 Replies
I insist that we do. Studies show that children who come from homes where this is done perform better in school, are at less risk of juvenile delinquency, and are likely to have healthy interpersonal relationships. So I make sure we eat dinner as a family at least 5 nights out of the week. Obviously, this alone isn't enough to set kids up for success. But if little things like this make even the slightest difference, I'm going for it. You?
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes when the boys were home. It was an awesome time to catch up, listen to them about their school days, plan vacation, have the sex talks,  etc. I MISS it.

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Yes we do.
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:54 PM

No. We do other activities as a family. Eating dinner together is just not plausible for us. Most days, we all get home at different times. If we insisted on eating dinner as a family, there would be at least one hungry and cranky person in the house every evening. I can't see how that helps anyone.

YuppyMom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Yep...some nights its at ten p.m.--but yes...yes we do
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Most times, yes.
crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:57 PM
Sex talk over dinner lol that could be awkward. Hope you weren't eating hot dogs

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Yes when the boys were home. It was an awesome time to catch up, listen to them about their school days, plan vacation, have the sex talks,  etc. I MISS it.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Anyone who is home at dinner time is expected to sit down to dinner together. Because my husband is often not home at dinner, he eats breakfast with our daughter.

CafeMom Tickers
supermama322
by Kaylee on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:58 PM
Every night
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:59 PM
No, we are all rarely home together
zoegirlsmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Whoever is home at dinner time, yes we eat as family. Sometimes others are later, but usually someone sits with them while they eat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)