Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A recovered mother who wants her daughter back

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
My dear dear friend, Julie, is 2 years sober today. Her daughter just turned 6 and she wants nothing more than to be apart of her life again. Here's some of the background story... It's pretty crazy and twisted.
4 years ago, when Julie was still married to her HIGHSCHOOL sweetheart, Danny, and living in their home with their 2 year old daughter... Her very best friend had asked if she could live with her since she had no where else to go. Her best friend also had a 2 year old daugh yet. Everything seemed to be going great... Best friends living together and their daughters were also so close. Well Julie and Danny were having a bit of marital problems prior to her best friend moving in. Julie also had a horrible past of depression. She seemed to be slightly depressed at this time in her life, trying to work things out in her marriage. Well a few months after her best friend moved in, Julie found out that her and Danny were sleeping together. Julie was devasted!! Her very best friend and her husband that she tried to make mends with had both betrayed her very horribly. She left to live with her mom but didn't want to take her daughter with her since the living circumstances werent the healthiest. While staying with her mom and trying to find a job so that she can support her daughter and afford her own place, Julie got connected with some old friends and shortly started using drugs for the very first time in her life. When Danny and her "best friend" found this out... They forbid her from seeing her daughter. No communication no contact whatsoever. This crushed Julie even more!
Throughout the past 4 years Julie's "best friend" and her ex Danny, have lived together in the same home. Julie's "best friend" took her home, took her husbsnd, and claims Julie's daughter as her own. I've even heard that she makes Julie's daughter call her mommy.
Julie used for 2 years and has been sober for the last 2. She's highly involved in church, volunteers as a counselor for recovering addicts, she works for a community service foundation and is doing really well! She's tried to contact her daughter but Danny and her ex bf won't allow it.
She's forced to go to court and make things happen that way. She's currently working on trying to move back since shes living in a another state right now. I am so happy for the recovery she has made and I just hope everything works well in her favor despite the choices she made.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

She should never have left and certainly should not have left her daughter behind.  The drugs and leaving the state were probably the final nail in the coffin for playing mommy again.  The ex and ex best friend are shitty people but abandoning her daughter is worse. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
How is this story different from the story of many other mothers and fathers who play keep - away with kids? If this didn't occur on the regular, we wouldn't have such a need for the court system.
lilyrose842006
by Lily & Audrey's Mom on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:14 PM

While I understand Julie's wish to get back in contact with her daughter and to be a mother again, she was wrong for leaving her daughter and getting involved with drugs. The father and ex-bf should at least allow maybe phone or Skype contact for a little while.

maynaysmom
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:18 PM

I'm glad she is on the road to recovery.....but she abandoned her child....

susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:28 PM

I always wonder why people think that adults who have abused and neglected and abandoned their child, but now "recovered" should get them back. How "recovered" is the kid, from being the victim of abuse and neglect? Why does no one care? Why is it only about what the parent wants, and never about what's best for the kid? The ex and BF may have treated her badly or maybe not, we are only hearing one side, and OP isn't holding Julie responsible at all but making her out a victim, but what if they are good, stable parents to the child? Isn't that what should be the important thing? I think parents shouldn't get multiple chances to hurt their kids.

susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Quoting Anonymous 3: How is this story different from the story of many other mothers and fathers who play keep - away with kids? If this didn't occur on the regular, we wouldn't have such a need for the court system.

Remember we are only hearing one side, and from the OP who is painting Julie as victim, We don't know what the truth is or what Julie did as a parent, besides abandoning her kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:31 PM
No, she should never get her back.
seximami111
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:36 PM

I agree with everyone else. You can't just leave your kid(s) behind and then pop back up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:36 PM
Well, I'm fairly certain, if she goes through the courts they are going to award her visitation with her child. Best of luck to her and I hope she can begin to recover the relationship with her daughter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:36 PM
Yeah, I thought about that as well. And honestly, even though it's told from Julie ' s side, it doesn't even paint her in the best light.

I just think she's trying to drum up sympathy for somebody that's in a situation that is fairly common these days, and partly brought on by Julie herself.

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting Anonymous 3: How is this story different from the story of many other mothers and fathers who play keep - away with kids? If this didn't occur on the regular, we wouldn't have such a need for the court system.

Remember we are only hearing one side, and from the OP who is painting Julie as victim, We don't know what the truth is or what Julie did as a parent, besides abandoning her kid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)