Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This nail polish is amazing!

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:13 PM
  • 15 Replies

Mobile Photo

I put this on over a week ago and it hasn't chipped. I don't know what it is about the combo, but it's amazing! I work with my hands and usually it's chipped off in a matter of hours. I used Pink Armor as a base and top coat, Julep as the first layer of color. It's a dark dark purple. And Cover Girl, a bright red color, on top of that. I gotta try it with other colors to see which one isn't chipping lol.
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:15 PM
Awesome. I don't bother painting my nails because they chip by the end of the day :'(
3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:18 PM
I love the color!! If my nails weren't so short I'd try that stuff. I bite my nails tho. :-(
happymama0609
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:20 PM
I've seen ads for julep and their monthly service, are they good?
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:24 PM

i subscribe to ipsy, and last month they sent this color and the brand was nicole by opi. i've used opi before, and it's super nice, but never nicole by opi. it was like this gold color, and it dried SUPER fast. it dried into like a matte finish, so i just put some clear polish on over it. it lasted a while, too. i was really impressed.

on my toes, i put a darker color (i forget if it was black or like a dark purple),  and then just flicked the gold up, and it was a really cool effect.

i'm like you, i don't do my fingernails because of chipping, so i'm really excited to finally get a product that works as hard as i do lol

ColieO
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't do the monthly service. I got one from a Citrus Lane box, then got a free box from Julep but cancelled before I got billed monthly because I'm cheap like that. I do really like their polishes though. I have 8 total.

Quoting happymama0609: I've seen ads for julep and their monthly service, are they good?
ColieO
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:31 PM
I have one OPI polish, it's like 8 years old Lol but still looks good.

Quoting AngryBob:

i subscribe to ipsy, and last month they sent this color and the brand was nicole by opi. i've used opi before, and it's super nice, but never nicole by opi. it was like this gold color, and it dried SUPER fast. it dried into like a matte finish, so i just put some clear polish on over it. it lasted a while, too. i was really impressed.

on my toes, i put a darker color (i forget if it was black or like a dark purple),  and then just flicked the gold up, and it was a really cool effect.

i'm like you, i don't do my fingernails because of chipping, so i'm really excited to finally get a product that works as hard as i do lol

happymama0609
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Lol! I have done the free trail thing before too. I have a code for a free box, just tax to pay, and have been debating using it.

I love the color on your nails

Quoting ColieO: I don't do the monthly service. I got one from a Citrus Lane box, then got a free box from Julep but cancelled before I got billed monthly because I'm cheap like that. I do really like their polishes though. I have 8 total.

Quoting happymama0609: I've seen ads for julep and their monthly service, are they good?
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:33 PM

i have three. they had a buy one, get two free sale, that's the only reason. they were like nine bucks a piece! but nail polish is one of those, you get what you pay for. it's definitely a higher quality than other brands.

ColieO
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:40 PM
If you want to try it out for cheap they have a deal right now you can get the Jingle Bells welcome box for free, you do pay $2.99 shipping. I asked my friend to order it for me lol. You sign up for the monthly service but can cancel anytime.

ColieO
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:41 PM
I needed a wine red color and didn't want to go buy a new bottle so I experimented until I found the right combo lol.

Quoting happymama0609: Lol! I have done the free trail thing before too. I have a code for a free box, just tax to pay, and have been debating using it.

I love the color on your nails

Quoting ColieO: I don't do the monthly service. I got one from a Citrus Lane box, then got a free box from Julep but cancelled before I got billed monthly because I'm cheap like that. I do really like their polishes though. I have 8 total.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)