• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone had Novasure done?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
I'm thinking about getting it done because of heavy periods....just want to know if anyone else out there has had it done and can tell me about the pros and cons of it? TIA
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM
I had it done along with having my tubes tied and a d&c, so I dont know what recovery is like for just that. But i love that I had it done! No more periods, no more cramps taking me into a fetal position on the floor, it's so nice!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 6, 2014 at 12:03 PM
What was your recovery like? Is it necessary to have your tubes tied with novasure? Or was that just a precaution on your part?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I had it done along with having my tubes tied and a d&c, so I dont know what recovery is like for just that. But i love that I had it done! No more periods, no more cramps taking me into a fetal position on the floor, it's so nice!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 6, 2014 at 12:59 PM
I wanted my tubes tied, and we had been talking about the novasure and the dr recommended doing it together all in one. You don't have to have your tubes tied but getting pregnant after having it done could be dangerous for you and baby, on the slim chance it happens. If you're not done having kids, they won't do it.
Recovery was awful but I had the 3 procedures at once. It took 3 days before I could walk and sit on my own without help and severe pain. But my friend had just the novasure and she had some cramping and spotting that's it.

Quoting Anonymous 3: What was your recovery like? Is it necessary to have your tubes tied with novasure? Or was that just a precaution on your part?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I had it done along with having my tubes tied and a d&c, so I dont know what recovery is like for just that. But i love that I had it done! No more periods, no more cramps taking me into a fetal position on the floor, it's so nice!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)