Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just another food stamp post for food stamp snobs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
4 moms liked this
I read a few replies in another post. People were referring to all food in discount stores (Aldi, save a lot, etc) as crap, They won't eat that garbage. Blah, blah.
Wench, please. If you're broke enough to need foodstamps, you can eat some frozen veggies when needed. If you are broke enough to need fs, you should try to make your benefits stretch, not spend it all in one week, then stress about how you will feed your family.
For a lot of places, discount stores are the only practical option. And, their produce is just fine where I go.
-From someone who has been on foodstamps.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

We make 6 figures and I grocery shop at Winco (I think that's similar to Aldis).  Also costco and Trader Joes but most staples are cheapo Winco.  We work hard for the money and I'm not about to piss it away on unwise food spending.

lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:30 PM

I'm not on fs but I sometimes go to Aldi. They have great stuff and it's cheaper. I don't understand grocery store snobs.

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:31 PM
We make six figures and we eat frozen veggies all the time. That's a thing now? Veggie snobs?
PoisonEyeV
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I think anyone that enjoys blowing money on more popular name brand foods, just because of the label, when they can get generic things that are EXACTLY THE SAME, are foolish and wasteful.

Dora1692
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I eat gluten free (not a choice) and that shit's expensive. I wish I could buy cheap crap (seriously, cheap mac and cheese... just ONCE) I so would.
CameraMum
by Anne on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:33 PM
Same here.

People want to know how we can save over $7000 a month, simple I shop smartly. I don't spend if I don't have too.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

We make 6 figures and I grocery shop at Winco (I think that's similar to Aldis).  Also costco and Trader Joes but most staples are cheapo Winco.  We work hard for the money and I'm not about to piss it away on unwise food spending.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:33 PM
We aren't supposed to eat frozen veggies now?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:34 PM
Apparently.

Quoting Danesmommy1: We aren't supposed to eat frozen veggies now?
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:34 PM
I miss Winco.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Most generics are packaged in name brand factories. At least that is what I heard.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

I think anyone that enjoys blowing money on more popular name brand foods, just because of the label, when they can get generic things that are EXACTLY THE SAME, are foolish and wasteful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)