• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this cheating?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
Me and my best guy friend sometimes sext (we live thousands of miles away from each other) and we say we love each other (as friends). Bf knows I have a guy friend and that we text a lot and he doesn't care. Idk do you ladies think it's cheating?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
andi_pandi
by Andrea on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Maybe I'm reading this wrong but did u day u sexy with another guy ??
rachellaree20
by Rachel on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Does he know you guys sext or do you hide it from him?  If he knows and is fine with it then it's not cheating.  If you hide it or he'd get mad if he read through those messages then yes it's cheating.

rosie211
by I'm a nice one on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Yeah. To me it is. What if your so did this? How woukd you feel?
firemouse23
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:54 PM

If you and your BF are exclusive and serious then it's cheating...same with your friend that you sext with...if he has another he is serious about and exclusive with then it is cheating.  If not then you are free to do as you wish.

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:55 PM
If you have to ask then you already know the answer. You're never going to have a healthy relationship with any man until you set boundaries and stop sexting your boy friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:58 PM

it is for me and my husband. but every relationship different I guess. the easiest way to figure it out is to think about if its something you would do with your SO sitting right there. if its something you have to hide from your SO its wrong and cheating. 

lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Secret sexting is cheating, yes.

Tuned.Out
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:00 PM

In my marriage, based on mutual agreements of acceptable behavior/what constitutes cheating to us... Yes it would be cheating.

ETA w/?:  You say your BF knows that you two text a lot. Does he know that the two of you "sext" not just text?

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Sexting is cheating, yes.
ibelieveinpink
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:01 PM
IMO yes it is.
Would you be ok with him sexting one of his girl friends?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)