Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does it annoy you....

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:52 PM
  • 12 Replies

If your child is mistaken for the opposite gender?

My DD5 gets called a boy quite often, she wears boy clothes and shoes 24/7.  (except for church and holidays and such) she highly prefers them and to me it's no big deal.  She also has short hair

If they call her a boy she just looks at them and says "I'm a girl" and then continues on with whatever she is doing. Some people have even asked her why she wears boy clothes she tells them "because I like them, that's why"

It doesn't bother me, She chooses to dress like this and have short hair. She stands up for herself. Does it/would it bother you?

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Thunderbug75
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:58 PM
My son has been called a girl three times in the last month. And yes it bothers me! He is always dressed in boy clothes but his hair is longish. Last weekend his Dad corrected the lady and pointed out he was wearing Spider Man. The lady said she just saw blonde hair and assumed he was a girl.
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:01 PM

If it didn't bother her, it wouldn't bother me.

Manic_Sinner
by ✨Makeup Momma✨ on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:02 PM
It used to because she would be wearing pink. She was bald but still.
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM
It would bother me.
Amiehart62
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Mobile Photo

My youngest gets that a lot. He is pretty though.

Don't mind the old lady with him! Lol
kgracio
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Doesn't bother me but I do think it's hilarious that I have my son dressed in boy clothes and his car seat is boy themed and his blankets are boy themed one even says "thank heaven for little boys" and people still call him a girl. 😂😂
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:04 PM
It makes me laugh that people see blonde and think girl. My son has blonde curly hair and the same thing has happened to us. It's either the blonde hair or the curls. Lol

Quoting Thunderbug75: My son has been called a girl three times in the last month. And yes it bothers me! He is always dressed in boy clothes but his hair is longish. Last weekend his Dad corrected the lady and pointed out he was wearing Spider Man. The lady said she just saw blonde hair and assumed he was a girl.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:04 PM
It wouldn't bother me if it didn't bother him and he was happy with his appearance.

But, no. It doesn't happen, I don't think it ever has happened.
meome
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:04 PM
The only time that annoyed me was when my dd was a infant. She had an all pink car seat. She had pink clothes. A pink bow and I would really get asked if she was a boy.
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:05 PM
My daughter could be in a pink dress and would be called a boy. It annoys me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)