Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh that's kinda sad

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I just found out that my stepchildren's mother has told them that Santa has to be paid for the toys he sends so they go to the store and have a 50 dollar limit on what Santa brings.

I really wish she had handled that differently. Why can't you just say hey kids you can ask for anything but that doesn't mean Santa will bring it.

I agree with teaching children about finances and such but not when it comes to Santa.

To me it just kinda deadens the Christmas spirt, let them be kids and hope. I remember wishing sooooo hard for a pony when I was a kid and never got one. I know now it was because we were poor as fuck but Santa was magical and we could ask for anything.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Amiehart62
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Lame. I'll keep santa alive as long as I can.
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Yeah, Santa being paid kinna sucks the magic out of Christmas!

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:06 PM
I wouldn't be happy with that either, part of the magic of Christmas is hoping.

And it's a good life lesson to not have all your hopes comes true too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Well there isn't much I can or will do, they are her children but I'm not sure how that's going to go with my son. His Santa doesn't have to be paid and I just hope the subject never comes up between my son and my husbands kiddos

Quoting Danesmommy1: I wouldn't be happy with that either, part of the magic of Christmas is hoping.

And it's a good life lesson to not have all your hopes comes true too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:08 PM
It's hard to cover up lies like santa and the tooth fairy. You have to lie about other things to try to keep it consistent. Ridiculous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:11 PM
*rolls eyes*

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's hard to cover up lies like santa and the tooth fairy. You have to lie about other things to try to keep it consistent. Ridiculous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:11 PM

I told my kids, sometimes, Mama has to help Santa at times, since he has so many kids who are on the nice list and the Elves can't do everything in a short time. They think it's awesome and a happy, that mama knows Santa. Then everytimes, when PNP opens up, Santa send them a magical note and I'll life stream the reindeers for a while. Love the magic, it never fails.

Tay06
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:13 PM

I agree with you.  Don't buy them everything on their list, but don't tell them they have a money limit!  That's just sad. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2014 at 12:55 PM
B
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)