• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got diagnose with cancer and don't have much time left...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

I'm a single mother of 2 daughters (4 and 17) and I've been a hardworking mother to provide for my daughters. I worked as a register nurse for 20 years now and lately I've been having stomach pains and a headache. I didn't feel too good at work and another doctor checked me out and something is wrong with me. They gave me an MRI on my entire body and there's a mass on my pancreas, lung, and brain. I had to have a biopsy and it's cancer. They diagnose with me pancreatic cancer and it spread to my lungs and brain. They said I may not have long to live and I will get a second opinion. I can't believe it, I was perfectly healthy and I don't know how I got cancer...I've been a vegan and I always exercise. They will try to give me chemotherapy and radiation and I talked to the oncologist at the hospital I worked at to see if they can refer me to Cancer Treatment Center of America in Atlanta which is the closest and I live in Alabama. He will talk to them and see from there, haven't heard anything yet. My older daughter is a senior in high school and I wanted to see her graduate in May 2015 and my younger daughter who I adopted since she was 2 will start kindergarten next year and I wanted to see them grow up in person and become beautiful and hard working women. I have life insurance and my daughters will get the money, but I haven't decided who they'll live with if something happens to me and I'm talking to my brothers and sisters to see if they can take them in, I don't want to send them to a foster home and my younger daughter been there before I adopted her and my older daughter will get kick out after she turns 18...I won't do it, hopefully someone in my family can take them haven't heard anything yet hopefully really soon. I'm scared, I'm worried, I don't know what to do. I had a good life spending time with my daughters, seeing them happy, taking them to Disney World every Christmas and I'm worried I may not even make it before Christmas this year. I don't know how much time I have left, so pray for me and my family who's going through this. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:08 PM

I'm so sorry. Huge hugs x

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:10 PM
I'm so sorry!
all2gethernow
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. I am so very sorry. That doesn't even cover how I feel. I have no words. I'm praying for you and sending positive vibes for the second opinion. Stay strong. Hugs.
Mammacra
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Praying mamma omg im praying hard for you right now.
anonymoustwo
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Wow, I'm sorry you're going through this. Best wishes for you and your daughters.
anonymoustwo
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:13 PM

BUMP!

grace31409
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Omg I am so very sorry. Words are not adequate here. My heart goes out to you and your family, and you are all in my prayers.

sunsetchick34
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:16 PM
You and your girls are in my thoughts n prayers mama. Hugs.
QUEENB1624
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Oh wow, I'm speechless, don't know what to say :( I truly, truly hope everything works out for each of you. It saddens me and really scares me to know that cancer seems to be everywhere these days, and many are affected. Stay strong, mama, especially for your children. **HUGE HUGS**
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:30 PM
As a nurse, you're well aware of what you're facing. I'm so sorry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)