Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Thoughts on hit Song

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:22 PM
  • 7 Replies
With all of the controversy going around about the song "All About That Bass" I decided to actually listen to it for myself.

It's a really annoying song to be clear! However, I do not see how a song that shows people the positive aspects of having some meat on the bones can be considered bad.

Yeah, it days that men like women with a little body fat. How is that bad? Some girls don't see their beauty as good because they see how men are attracted to skinny models and movie stars but here we have a singer expressing that there is beauty to be seen in all sizes.

To say that it's a bad song because it "degrades women" is kind of going a bit extreme. It gets a message out to young girls that don't have another way too learn better that they shouldn't stress about losing weight for men because not all men want a skinny girl.

Again, to be clear, it's an awful song. But it is by no means offensive to women.
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

It's offensive to skinny women ;)

GiorgiPorgi
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:41 PM
LOL! Well now the skinny women know how the fat girl feels at Senior Prom. ^_-
working-girl
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:46 PM
We should be more concerned about the song in which she is "high all the time"... that I have a problem with.
GiorgiPorgi
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 1:17 AM
I don't really keep up on popular music. More a fan of musicals and Barry Manilow.

So while some girls are excited to see Katie Perry (I think she's popular still), I'm counting down the days before I see Wicked at Pantages.

There is a hot song about getting high?

Quoting working-girl: We should be more concerned about the song in which she is "high all the time"... that I have a problem with.
Shadowed_Star
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I love that song! They play it at the gym sometimes and some of the girls and I start singing along.
UrWorstNight
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 1:23 AM
We love this song.

Its amazing, I don't think it's bad at all.

Now, have a bad day is a bad song
GiorgiPorgi
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Some songs are really depressing when you listen to the lyrics but are just so darn catchy that I can't help but smile and tap my feet to the beat .  So far, these songs are usually sang by Barry Manilow.  Copacabana is pretty popular and also a sad song.  Barmuda Triangle is another.  They're such catchy tunes but the lyrics are so sad.

Like Copacabana is about a show girl who is trying to be star and falls in love with some guy who is then killed by some other guy who wants this show girl for himself.  By the end of the song, thirty years have passed and she is still a show girl who basically lost her show, lost her love and gained an addiction to alcohol. 

It's a very sad song.  But I love it so much!  I wonder what that says about my character...LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)