• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think it is stupid for a little girl to wear expensive diamond jewelry?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

My bestfriend and her family are very, VERY wealthy people. Our girls' soccer team had a undefeated party at a local favorite restaraunt that sponsers the team. I heard a group of women commenting and saying it's "stupid" and "classless". She was wearing a diamond tennis bracelet, diamond pendants and watch.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Yep
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:39 PM
2 moms liked this

If the family can afford it, I don't see why it's anyone else's business. Sounds like jealousy to me.

FoxFire363
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Sure do, but it's not my money they're wasting.
momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Kind of silly. 

I have a pair of tiny diamond earrings that were given to me by my ex. They are currently rotting in a drawer. My dd is obsessed with them. I've considered giving them to her (I don't care if she loses them or whatever) but I know she would tell everyone that they are REAL diamonds and make a big deal about it. Not time yet. 

Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:40 PM

If it's not a special occasion (like a wedding, not a soccer team party), yes.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:40 PM

What is age of the team?   I do not think it is classless or tacky if that is how the family lives their life.   Some have the advantage of that lifestyle.  I would teach her how to simplify and make one piece the star rather than wear them all at once.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Yep. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:41 PM

I think its tacky and kinda makes her parents look like they are trying to show off but honestly I wouldn't look twice who cares. Its their money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:43 PM
My daughters love jewelry. I don't buy anything cheap. I don't care how anyone feels about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:43 PM

They're 8-11.

Quoting frndlyfn:

What is age of the team?   I do not think it is classless or tacky if that is how the family lives their life.   Some have the advantage of that lifestyle.  I would teach her how to simplify and make one piece the star rather than wear them all at once.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)