Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Letting" DH leave a family vacation early...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

Would you "allow" your DH/DP to leave the big annual family vacation "early"?

Would the fact one of his parents was suddenly seriously ill and could possibly die soon (hope not, hope for recovery) change your mind if the answer was initally no?

My MIL became ill before we went on vacation.  Everything was paid for already and she seemed to be doing better.  A little past the midpoint, she started going downhill.  After a couple days of discussing it, we decided the best thing is for him to be with her.  I sent him by himself and finished the last few days of vacation--had a couple days left on our Disney World and Universal Tickets, so I took the kids instead of sitting around the hotel room all day then we flew home.  (Changing the tickets to be with MIL for all of us would have cost more than the original tickets.  I also did not want to make DH wait until we got home to fly him to his mom...what if she had died in the meantime?  He was at the point he was no longer enjoying the trip due to worry.)  Although he kept trying to give me instructions as if I were a hired child-minder for the kids and not their mother...(he's been the SAHP for the last decade...and has not been away from any of the kids for almost a year--given that we homeschool--for more than an hour).  Although, I think if it were reversed and I had left vacation early, he would NOT have taken the kids out to the Parks on his own...rather they would have sat in the hotel room until time to leave for the airport.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Only a complete bitch wouldn't "allow" that.
kgracio
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:51 PM
In that situation yes I would be ok with him leaving early
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)