• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas Club

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
At the urging of my supervisor, I joined the Christmas club last October. I received my check last week..Now I don't know what to get my kids. They literally have everything, although, they could use a new television. Im glad I joined the club and will continue to do it each year
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:00 PM
What is the Christmas club?
mom2bahandcch
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Ummmm. Ok?
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Give me back all my stuff!

Quoting Anonymous 1: At the urging of my supervisor, I joined the Christmas club last October. I received my check last week..Now I don't know what to get my kids. They literally have everything, although, they could use a new television. Im glad I joined the club and will continue to do it each year

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Wtf is a Christmas club?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:04 PM
It is a savings account at a bank, but the sole purpose is to save for Christmas..you cant get the money out unless it is an extreme emergency. It starts in November, then you get the money in October

Quoting Anonymous 2: What is the Christmas club?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:04 PM
I like having a Christmas club, but my new job doesn't have one, so I'm trying to figure out how I want to do it this next year.

The best part about it, is that it really helps me stick to a budget and then a pay for everything with cash (unless I order online of course).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:07 PM
We do that every year, in October we get a check for $10,000. It pays for Christmas and our vacation.
Its a great way to be prepared financially for Christmas.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Yeah...I wouldn't like that. I prefer setting aside a little money here and there as the year progresses. Then if we DID need that money for some reason, we don't have to go through the hassle of dealing with the bank. I can just take some cash out of an envelope that is stored secretly in our home. However, we don't take the money out so we always end up with a nice amount of extra cash around Christmas time.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It is a savings account at a bank, but the sole purpose is to save for Christmas..you cant get the money out unless it is an extreme emergency. It starts in November, then you get the money in October
Quoting Anonymous 2: What is the Christmas club?

Twiceblessedmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:15 PM
We have done it for many years. We have it automatically deducted from hubs check and put into a specific savings account...we do from Jan. 1st-mid November. 👍😃
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)