Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Terrified to go to dr

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
Apperently hemmroids run on both sides of my family, I have been having trouble since august. I saw the dr once and didnt want to do an exam so she gave me cream to try. The cream helps but Im not so sure its an actual hemmroid. Im wondering if its a tear or something else because On the days when I dont have to go to bathroom I feel ok but when I do use bathroom and my stool is soft its very painful - feels like my bottom is ripping open. I havent had blood for a while but the pain is so intense that a pain pill does not even touch the pain. It hurts to stand sit bend etc. im not even 30 yet and terrified to have an exam.
Has anyone else had these problems and have advise or suggestions?
I do take baths and also use warm cloth after bm.
Thanks in advance for any helpful advise
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Go to the doctor. You let them see your entire vagina when giving birth yet won't allow them to examine your rear end and would rather be in pain? Some people baffle me.
KylesWifey
by Go HAWKS!!!! on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:51 PM
I've had them and the exam. Its not fun but getting the meds is so worth it! They were suppositories but i was pain free within an hour. Sorry your going through this. I know your struggle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Have you had an anal exam?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Go to the doctor. You let them see your entire vagina when giving birth yet won't allow them to examine your rear end and would rather be in pain? Some people baffle me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Have you been able to examine the area with a hand mirror yourself?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Talk to your OB/Gyn next time you have a visit. I had terrible hemorrhoids after giving birth. They went away but once in a while one pops out & it's so painful. They have surgeries to repair them now.  Use witch hazel pads to help shrink them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Stupid question but will the exam hurt? Im terrified to have the exam because im aftaid it will hurt worse than it does already.

Quoting KylesWifey: I've had them and the exam. Its not fun but getting the meds is so worth it! They were suppositories but i was pain free within an hour. Sorry your going through this. I know your struggle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:55 PM
I have them its terrible. When I poop it hurts. I wear a rubber glove and put a baby wipe over my butt hole. To push and apply counter pressure. Once thr poop starts coming out obviously I can stop applying pressure. It honestly really helps them from being agrivated.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Yes, I have 4 external ones since I gave birth 5 years ago. They are not the thing thats hurting- its hurting inside which made me think I had internal ones but now Im just not sure.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Have you been able to examine the area with a hand mirror yourself?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Nope, if I ever need to though I'd see a doctor.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Have you had an anal exam?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Go to the doctor. You let them see your entire vagina when giving birth yet won't allow them to examine your rear end and would rather be in pain? Some people baffle me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)