Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

{PIC} ---> What the heck is this on my 6 year old son's face?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:11 AM
  • 26 Replies

This just popped up on both sides of his face within the last several hours, but the left side is the worst.

He didn't have it this morning before school and he didn't have it when he got off the bus this afternoon.

I have NO idea what it could be.

I took his temperature and he doesn't have a fever.

He hasn't eaten anything new or different to where it could be an allergic reaction ...

I know it can't be any sort of reaction to vaccinations because his most recent ones were almost 2 years ago.

He hasn't really gone outside to play much in the past couple days except for recess and P.E. at school, but like I said ... it wasn't there when he got off the school bus this afternoon.

I'm just completely stumped.

What do you ladies think it could be?  Any ideas?

If it's still there or worse in the morning, I'm going to bring him to the Urgent Care clinic.

by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jglasser7682
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:12 AM

BUMP!

MilkLover0203
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
It just looks like a reaction to something. Maybe his face brushed up against something that pissed his skin off. Is it itchy?
Xanexia
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

If he doesnt have a fever or swelling, his breathing is fine, and he isn't nauseas, it most likely is nothing serious, and could be a reaction to something he has touched, etc.  

stargaze281
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats strange. any symptoms? Is it itchy? Does it burn? It looks like poison ivy?? I am not so sure. 

jglasser7682
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:14 AM

He's asleep now so I can't ask him if it itches, but I haven't seen him scratching at it.

Quoting MilkLover0203: It just looks like a reaction to something. Maybe his face brushed up against something that pissed his skin off. Is it itchy?

Xanexia
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Most likely, it will be gone in the morning.

Quoting jglasser7682:

He's asleep now so I can't ask him if it itches, but I haven't seen him scratching at it.

Quoting MilkLover0203: It just looks like a reaction to something. Maybe his face brushed up against something that pissed his skin off. Is it itchy?

MilkLover0203
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
If he's asleep, it isn't itching. He'll be fine. Just take him in tomorrow if he still has it. Sometimes allergies to certain things pop up where we weren't allergic to them before. Never know.

Quoting jglasser7682:

SamanthaSage
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

It looks itchy. Is he allergic to any perfumes or other smelly things? Materials or fabrics? Soaps or laundry detergents?

jglasser7682
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:18 AM

I haven't seen him scratching at it, so I'm not sure. He's already asleep now.

I'm not sure that it could be poison ivy either ... we don't live near woods or any trees that have poision ivy.

Quoting stargaze281:

Thats strange. any symptoms? Is it itchy? Does it burn? It looks like poison ivy?? I am not so sure. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Did he use hand sanitizer and maybe rub it on his face?  My daughter has a reaction like that to anything with alcohol, and hand sanitizer was a common cause when she was younger.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)