Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't attack me for asking this...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Wtf is layaway? I think I'm understanding it's for poor people?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zoo003
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:20 AM

Basically, it is when you pick out items from a store, they hold on to it and you make payments over a certain amount of time.  I have never done it, so I could be wrong, but this is my understanding. I also don't think it is just for poor people.    

gramattmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:20 AM

Its where you shop and they put it back for you and you pay on it every week till its paid off. It's not just for poor people.

janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:23 AM

what she said. 

Quoting gramattmom:

Its where you shop and they put it back for you and you pay on it every week till its paid off. It's not just for poor people.

Lindalou907
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:24 AM

It's nice for Christmas shopping, you can pick out what you want for the kids and go in every pay day and put money towards it. I kind of think it could be used more by poor people. It's certainly better than putting things on a credit card you can't afford to pay off every month.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:25 AM
Like, finding some awesome deals and not being able to pay for all of it, so you put it on layaway and pay a percentage up front, and then pay it off over the next whatever time. Sometimes you get lucky and nice people pay it for you as their holiday good deed of the year thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:26 AM
Picking up shit you can't pay for right then...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:29 AM
You put your stuff on hold and pay it off in payments. It is definitely not just a poor people thing lol.
JENNlEPEPSl
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Its not for the poor. 

Though if you are a very young mother i can understand not knowing. 

Layaway was very popular in the 80s and into the 90s. 

those of you born closer to the new Millennium probably would not know what it is. 

NipplePirate
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:33 AM
I guess I'm poor. I have layaway at walmart.
Flobrooks
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:40 AM

It enables a person to get what they want before it is sold out and leaves it out of the house until closer to Chrstmas where it won't be discovered by snoopy ones.

Quoting Lindalou907:

It's nice for Christmas shopping, you can pick out what you want for the kids and go in every pay day and put money towards it. I kind of think it could be used more by poor people. It's certainly better than putting things on a credit card you can't afford to pay off every month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)