Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have an honest hypothetical question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies
Given that you are married and trust your husband whole heartedly:
Your child (aged between 4 and 8) comes to you and tells you that their daddy touched their private parts. Their story is not detailed but never falters.
Your husband denies it, and his story never falters either.

What do you do? If you take action, how do you handle their relationship/contact in the mean time?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:38 AM
Bump
seaformee
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Believe the child!
crumpy_gat
by No. on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Take the child to see a medical doctor and child psychiatrist, and go from there.

Trust or no, i would take my child seriously
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:40 AM
And do what?

Quoting seaformee: Believe the child!
GirlWithANikon
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:40 AM

I take my child to a dr before even asking DH

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:41 AM
wiuld you limit contact with the father?

Quoting crumpy_gat: Take the child to see a medical doctor and child psychiatrist, and go from there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:42 AM
Would you limit contact with him? What if the child told you in front of him?

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

I take my child to a dr before even asking DH

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:42 AM

It would really depend on what the child says. I would watch their interactions very, very closely.  I would also make sure they were not alone.  I was abused from my earliest memory until about age 9 by an older brother. I was told that If I told, I would be abandoned by my family or would be killed. I did not tell my mom unitl I was 21. I did not tell her who, but used it as an example of why I was so in love with my college sweetheart. He helped me deal with what happened in ways I can't even begin to explain. When I was in my late 30s, my mom just blurted out, "It was X, wasn't it?"  I had always told myself that if she asked, I would not lie. At that point, she basically did not have a relationship with him for other reasons and that made it easier to tell her. I think young kids tend to tell the truth--not all, but most.

I actually had to deal with this with my oldest child and an older child at his private school.  I took him to his pediatrician and then to a carefully selected psychiatrist.  We also turned it over to the state and the investigator issued a citation to the school naming my child specifically and the offense at the hands of the older child. Since there was not more than 5 years between their ages, it was labeled "child on child sex play." We sued the school and settled in mediation in our favor. It was a horrible, horrible experience. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I would cut off his penis, wrap it in barb wire, shove it down his throat, wait for him choke to death, then cut his body into pieces and scatter it across 3 or more states.

crumpy_gat
by No. on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:42 AM
Not general contact, but definitely unsupervised would be stopped

Quoting Anonymous 1: wiuld you limit contact with the father?

Quoting crumpy_gat: Take the child to see a medical doctor and child psychiatrist, and go from there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)