Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't think people on CL realize...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this
That your little 1994 Toyota Camry that "needs engine or transmission work" is TWENTY years old and you aren't going to get $2500 out of it!!!!

Some of the self pricing on these cars is cracking me up!

I think my fave is "Runs and drives well, just needs new transmission..." like it's just a tail light or something. Lol

Honestly, if your car is from the 90's and not in excellent condition you probably shouldn't ask for more than a grand IMO.

The 90's was longer ago than we think.

Thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 4:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crumpy_gat
by No. on Nov. 8, 2014 at 4:06 AM
Agreed but sometimes trucks go for parts so you price high, then haggle
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 4:08 AM
I'm selling my 2004 hyundai elantra for $1200 on craigslist and some guy won't stop emailing me because I won't accept his offer of $600.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 4:09 AM
Yeah I could see that. I'm just so tired of seeing these cars from the 90's being sold for 2500+. It's crazy.

Quoting crumpy_gat: Agreed but sometimes trucks go for parts so you price high, then haggle
crumpy_gat
by No. on Nov. 8, 2014 at 4:10 AM
Tis. I put in the max amount in the search

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah I could see that. I'm just so tired of seeing these cars from the 90's being sold for 2500+. It's crazy.

Quoting crumpy_gat: Agreed but sometimes trucks go for parts so you price high, then haggle
SadiasMomma
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 4:10 AM
I went used car shopping the other day. what a freaking nightmare!!! wasted 4 hours before we quit and decided new was less of a headache
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 4:11 AM
1200 already sounds pretty cheap for a 2004. A lot of people try to lowball others.
If there's not a lot wrong with it, I'd see if you could get your asking price before giving it to that guy. Good luck mama. :)

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm selling my 2004 hyundai elantra for $1200 on craigslist and some guy won't stop emailing me because I won't accept his offer of $600.
2murphyboys
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 4:13 AM

Toyotas actually hold their value pretty well. Now if it doesn't run that's different. But if it runs even with problems they're still worth more then you would think.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 4:14 AM
Lol I wish I had that option! Beats dealing with CL whackos. Lol
Congrats on your new car! :)

Quoting SadiasMomma: I went used car shopping the other day. what a freaking nightmare!!! wasted 4 hours before we quit and decided new was less of a headache
ATG499
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 4:17 AM

I agree!

CafeMom Tickers     CafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 4:18 AM
I just used it as an example. They're all there, Luminas, Taurus, etc.
I get that it'd probably be an okay A to B car but if I'm spending 2500+, I don't want a 20 yr old vehicle.
I get what you're saying though. :)

Quoting 2murphyboys:

Toyotas actually hold their value pretty well. Now if it doesn't run that's different. But if it runs even with problems they're still worth more then you would think.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)