Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Choose you,this day whom you will serve..* A Christian post*

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:28 AM
  • 30 Replies

by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:31 AM

Why do I suddenly have a Dylan song in my head?

redheadstar
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:23 AM

He made a few Christian songs in the 80's.

Quoting susannah2000:

susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting susannah2000:

Dylan did Christian songs? I don't think so. The one I am thinking of is the one about "You're gonna have to serve somebody" but I would not call that a Christian song.

jan925
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Amen sister..but I'm sure the atheist cult on here are about to comment..meaning the women who are atheist. I so dislike when they curse God and belittle him.
redheadstar
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Bob Dylan had a conversion to Christianity in the late 1970's.  His "Gotta serve somebody" despite it being a secular hit, it did come off his Christian Album. (Slow train coming)

Slow Train Coming is the nineteenth studio album by American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan, released on August 20, 1979 by Columbia Records. It was the artist's first effort since becoming a born-again Christian, and all of the songs either express his strong personal faith, or stress the importance of Christian teachings and philosophy. The evangelical nature of the record alienated many of Dylan's existing fans; at the same time, many Christians were drawn into his fan base. Slow Train Coming was listed at #16 in the 2001 book CCM Presents: The 100 Greatest Albums in Christian Music.

The album was generally well-reviewed in the secular press, and the single "Gotta Serve Somebody" became his first hit in three years, winning Dylan the Grammy for best rock vocal performance by a male in 1980. The album peaked at #2 on the charts in the UK and went platinum in the US, where it reached #3.

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting susannah2000:

Dylan did Christian songs? I don't think so. The one I am thinking of is the one about "You're gonna have to serve somebody" but I would not call that a Christian song.

susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting susannah2000:

Thanks for the song! I hadn't heard it in ages and years. I want to know where that guy is going!

susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Quoting redheadstar:

Bob Dylan had a conversion to Christianity in the late 1970's.  His "Gotta serve somebody" despite it being a secular hit, it did come off his Christian Album. (Slow train coming)

Slow Train Coming is the nineteenth studio album by American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan, released on August 20, 1979 by Columbia Records. It was the artist's first effort since becoming a born-again Christian, and all of the songs either express his strong personal faith, or stress the importance of Christian teachings and philosophy. The evangelical nature of the record alienated many of Dylan's existing fans; at the same time, many Christians were drawn into his fan base. Slow Train Coming was listed at #16 in the 2001 book CCM Presents: The 100 Greatest Albums in Christian Music.

The album was generally well-reviewed in the secular press, and the single "Gotta Serve Somebody" became his first hit in three years, winning Dylan the Grammy for best rock vocal performance by a male in 1980. The album peaked at #2 on the charts in the UK and went platinum in the US, where it reached #3.

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting susannah2000:

Wow, who knew!

redheadstar
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Things we find out on line!!   lol

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting susannah2000:

Wow, who knew!

UrWorstNight
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Do you ever post anything else bit this bullshit
redheadstar
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Hopefully to a nice warm climate.  

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting susannah2000:

Thanks for the song! I hadn't heard it in ages and years. I want to know where that guy is going!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)