Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you clean a pack and play?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Early this morning, around like 3 am the little boy I'm watching puked in the pack and play so now we have to clean it. We wipes it down last night but now it needs cleaning and I'm not sure how to without messing it up

Anyone got any advice?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:14 AM
I hosed ours off outside with laundry soap. It worked just fine.
mom2devin11005
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:14 AM

I always just wiped mine down with some bleach water and then hung the pad on the bottom out to dry and set up the pack and play out in the sun to dry..... I'm not sure if that's the best way but it worked for us

TaralynnStewart
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:15 AM
I clean the mattress pad with Lysol wipes and my steamer, but for accidents like that I just wash the fitted blanket and whatever other items the throw up touched

The actual pack and play I put in the tub with detergent. Let it sit for an hr and rinsed it off outside and let it air dry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband's idea was to take it to work and hose it down with the pressure washer lol
With it being so cold outside will it dry?

Quoting mom2devin11005:

I always just wiped mine down with some bleach water and then hung the pad on the bottom out to dry and set up the pack and play out in the sun to dry..... I'm not sure if that's the best way but it worked for us

blondieinva80
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Tide oxi clean and water,then set out to dry is how I cleaned mine
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Quoting Anonymous 1: My husband's idea was to take it to work and hose it down with the pressure washer lol With it being so cold outside will it dry?
Quoting mom2devin11005:

I would use a bucket of soapy waterand then a hose-yes it will dry-you can partially dry it outside and then put it in the house in front of a radiator.

MeAndTommyLee
by Angie on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:21 AM
I used Dawn and a cup of water with a cap full of bleach
mom2devin11005
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:21 AM

I would probably set it up inside if it's really cold possibly near a heater vent or fireplace if you have one

Quoting Anonymous 1: My husband's idea was to take it to work and hose it down with the pressure washer lol With it being so cold outside will it dry?
Quoting mom2devin11005:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:23 AM
I had the same thing happen once. Gross!!
Soap and water scrub but it never looked very good. I agree with hose outside if possible.
Cocomicah
by time lord on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Usually just hose it down with soap and let it dry. Once I put some soap in before a thunderstorm. The next day it looked brand new. Like fresh out the box new lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)