Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So sad :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
This is my first Thanksgiving with no family and I for once don't work. It will be just me and the kids. My dad and stepmom died this year so this is my first holiday season with out them. My mom lives in a different state so can't go see her. In the processes of divorce from my husband so not dealing with that...meh i hope the holiday season goes by fast :(
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Colleen1966
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Sometimes, when you feel the most alone, you find the family you need, instead of the family you were born into. Find like souls, we always hosted "Orphan" holiday dinners when I was a kid. My dads recruits who couldn't go home in leave. Some if those same men are still family friends and travel to see my family with their own families now. Start new traditions. 

texasgirl77
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:21 AM
I agree with Colleen. Many many times our friends have been our family. Do you maybe have a friend without extended family around who'd enjoy doing a combined family thanksgiving?
TheRingmaster
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:31 AM
:( you can still make that huge meal for you guys.... watch the parade and enjoy each other.
sam12796
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Don't be sad. You've got your children. Start a new tradition. Do something special. Make a small dinner for yourselves and let them help. Bake cookies or do some crafts. Don't be too sad. Sorry you are going through this.

Clubpenguin
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Time to make new traditions. Make crafts or watch movies while dinner cooks. Get a new tablecloth. Make the holiday special and different for you and the kids.

Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Why not go volunteer for the day. Serving others will cheer you guys up.

eve210
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:44 AM
I'm Sorry for your loss. I agree with previous posters, start your own tradition.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)