Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for the pro life moms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
How do you feel about aborting an ectopic pregnancies, or when the baby has a fatal painful disease to die soon after birth, or the pregnancies where the babies are only a spinal cord and brain or missing some important organ like part of heart or brain
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:48 AM
???
Foolynroo2
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:49 AM

I dont know - if I am ever faced with it I will let you know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:50 AM
I think they're sad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:52 AM
I personally, couldn't abort ever. I had an ectopic pregnancy, which I was told was threatening to my own life. I did a lot of praying, I told DH if I went full term and it was between the two lives please choose the baby. I ended up having a miscarriage and was devastated, it still hurts my heart to think about.

I say I'm pro-life, but I suppose that is just for myself. I think it's sad and I don't understand women who could kill their baby/terminate pregnancy. There is no way to 100% know for sure how a child we be until they are born. However I do my best not to judge them, regardless of their reason to abort.

So to answer tour question, for myself I could never abort for any reason. For others, while I can't understand it, that is their body and I don't judge.
cymkare
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:57 AM

I am fine with an eptotic pregnancy. I believe that the only reason abortion is okay is when the life of the mother is in danger. Now, if you are past 24 weeks, I believe the baby should be born and given a chance. 

As for abortion as a solution for disabilities, I do not agree with that. 

PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:59 AM

An ectopic pregnancy is not the same thing as a normal, routine pregnancy.

The only option IS to remove the fetus or it can mean death of the woman.

strongforthem
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Pro choice. Here is a bump for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Bump
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Pro choice, but giving a bump.

Honestly, while I do not understand those willing to risk their lives for a pregnancy and it is not something I'd ever do, it is their choice to make and there is no real right choice in such a situation.  The "right" choice is whatever the woman (and family) feel is best.

rebeccasmommy09
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Ectopic pregnancies are a no-brainer. The baby can't survive there and it puts the mother in danger. The only course of action is an abortion. Disabilities are no reason to abort though. Those you mention are heartbreaking no doubt, but still no reason to kill the child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)